pulling 750sx dual carb

I purchased a 750sx as a part of a package deal a while back, and it has yet to run correctly. I'm considering pulling and cleaning the carbs, or parting it out. Is there any feasible way to pull dual carbs on these without taking out the motor? I'm hoping my brain is just overwhelmed by all of the parts in this ski that I don't understand, and I'm missing some super obvious way to pull these..

70a838926094daac2100424606861d3a.jpg

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
The 750 kawi motors came with keihen carbs. Those are mikuni sbn carbs with velocity stacks (probably 44mm). The mikunis are held to the manofold with 4 (2ea) 12mm nuts. Remove nuts, cuts the zip ties holding the pulse lines on, remove carbs.

I would clean them. The sbn are easy to deal with and easy to get parts for compared to the keihens. You also have an ada head woth interchangable domes, dry pipe and what appears to be a total loss ignition. Should be a pretty badass boat. I would check the compression, and if its right, i would fixthat carbs and ride that thing.

I dont have my x2 dialed in perfect yet, but my similar setup is 125/120@18psi. Its not perfect but can be a starting point if you need to retune it.

You need tl correct the missing lord mount on the pipe before you crack something.

I've got those screws, took them off when I was exploring the option of pulling the pipe to make room to work on it. Pulling that pipe would be a nightmare, I just haven't put the screws back in yet. That red msd box on the left is, I believe, for water pipe injection?

Top Bottom