Pulse fitting fell out?

I've got jb weld for now. Unfortunately I'll be at the lake for a week so I can tap a new fitting in the whole but I imagine that's the correct way to fix this? Any better solutions?

This makes sense why my ski was loosing prime.

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
Pulse fitting are a press fit. I've pulled several out of cases when removing 30 year old fuel line for instance. Just tap back in if its not damaged. Assuming your running a dual carb setup and your intake mani has a crossover that is not filled? Was it running ok or were you just loosing prime?

Pulse fitting are a press fit. I've pulled several out of cases when removing 30 year old fuel line for instance. Just tap back in if its not damaged. Assuming your running a dual carb setup and your intake mani has a crossover that is not filled? Was it running ok or were you just loosing prime?
Loosing prime. Single carb on a js 550. Problem was while I was tuning I'd ride up to the beach and turn adjustment screws as I'm in that portion (I believe) of tuning on the low end screw just to dial that in. Pop the hood off and I'd watch the fuel lines bubble back towards the tank. I wasn't paying attention really to fuel lines as I basically pressure tested everything from outlet of tank to the carb itself so I know there wasn't a fuel leak. All of a sudden I reach down to feel lines and the pulse fitting is just sitting in the bilge. Really explains why tuning the low end was such a pain in the ass. Whenever I would pressure test the carb I'd put my fingers over the out and pulse line, (probably seating the pulse fitting better again) and retry with luck. I was getting pissed because it felt like I needed to keep going up in jets so I'd swap a low speed jet for a higher jet to try and get it to idle and have low end punch. Everything was going back and forth but now that the pulse fitting was leaking it totally makes sense.

Also I bought everything under the sun except a drill and tap set. Thought I was done with all that but I suppose your never really done with all that.

Last edited:
Its also a good idea to put some Loctite green retaining compound on it if its still a press fit.
I may have screwed myself but I put a light bead of jbweld. I'm at the river for a week and if all I gotta do is mess with the carb after I'm done with all of this when I get home I'll be a happy camper.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I have used JB Weld when I had a pulse fitting fail. Think I got a few years out of it, just built it up all around the fitting. Never failed, just redid it when I had cases apart.

Top Bottom