Super Jet Pump carnage

SkiDiggity

formerly kawirider142
So I went out this weekend to break in my new motor and took the girl with me so she could ride her ski. The lakes around here are quite low and the shore line is full of little rocks. I told her when ever you pull the ski off the shore or are near it make sure to dunk the back of the ski multiple times. Well she forgot and started the ski with a pump full of rocks. Rocks + aluminum impeller and pump = bad news. She's offering to pay for the replacement parts and when she sees the bill she will always remember to dunk the back if the ski before starting it. We all gotta learn some how and it seems like with skis it's always the hard way.
So looks like I am in the market for some new parts.. PM me with what ya got :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 384
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 375
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 354
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 369
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 369

SkiDiggity

formerly kawirider142
I am not making her, she offered. Since she offered I will let her considering I just spent 2400 rebuilding my surf ski. It was a random stop on a random beach. I wanted to check my ski to make sure it was not getting to hot. I told her to keep going but she wanted to stop and rest for a second.

I have one beach stand and I will now be getting another one. Haha

mike b

Michael "Mayhem" Bevacqua aka MikeyChan
I don't think that's what he said.

"She's offering to pay for the replacement parts and when she sees the bill she will always remember to dunk the back if the ski before starting it."
Sure how it sounded

Good luck OP. new pump stator if stock isn't too costly, AM impellor or pump im sure will suck but i think youll be good. Time to upgrade ha, hope ya get back in the water asap man

"She's offering to pay for the replacement parts and when she sees the bill she will always remember to dunk the back if the ski before starting it."
Sure how it sounded

Good luck OP. new pump stator if stock isn't too costly, AM impellor or pump im sure will suck but i think youll be good. Time to upgrade ha, hope ya get back in the water asap man
"She's offering to pay for the replacement parts" =/= "I'm making my girlfriend pay for the replacement parts"

SkiDiggity

formerly kawirider142
"She's offering to pay for the replacement parts" =/= "I'm making my girlfriend pay for the replacement parts"
Actually she offered before I even took everything apart, I would never force her to pay for anything; however, since she is offering to help since it was her mistake, I will let her. It will help to ensure it does not happen again once she sees how expensive it's going to be.

mike b

Michael "Mayhem" Bevacqua aka MikeyChan

Okay. I guess I should have said "having" rather than "making" his GF pay for it. I wasn't aware a simple joke was going to be critiqued so hard from the grammar guru

Sorry OP for off topic debate. Good luck!

SkiDiggity

formerly kawirider142
Got the pump shoe out. Seemed like it was sealed in with bondo. I have never done a pump shoe so I do not know what to expect.

Do I just sand down the surface until it's smooth and glue it back it? What glue do you use?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 254
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 245
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 242
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 239
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 230

Big Kahuna

Administrator
you can use Marine Tex or 5200 to install the pump shoe. Use your pump as an alignment tool. Set new pump shoe. Then take your pump and install it so that the pump shoe and pump mate up correctly. leave pump installed until glue has dried.

SkiDiggity

formerly kawirider142
you can use Marine Tex or 5200 to install the pump shoe. Use your pump as an alignment tool. Set new pump shoe. Then take your pump and install it so that the pump shoe and pump mate up correctly. leave pump installed until glue has dried.

Good tip. I was jut going to glue it in and hope for the best ahah so i will set it in there first and line everything up then glue it. Do you have to pull it out to glue it? how much do you use? just smear it all over the ski then push it on?

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
I put it all over the pump shoe and the ski. Leave the intake grate off, and wipe all the excess off with a rag. Wear gloves too, that poop gets everywhere and doesn't wash off.

It's glued in with plexus from the factory. I use epoxy resin. I use stock pump shoes and just screw them on into the stock holes and the have aligned perfect everhtime. Done 3

Top Bottom