Custom/Hybrid Pump questions

I'm about to get my first AM hull, Backie Chan, and wondering about the pump.. It's set up for 155 but I have a 144mag with a lot invested into pump (cone, prop, etc). I learned the hard way that a bigger pump won't fit on a smaller shoe when I did the 144 swap on my FX1, but not sure about a bigger shoe and smaller pump.. Really don't wanna have to start fresh and buy a 155 set up cause all the money in the 144... Help please haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christian_83

Xscream
You will and can get an adapter ring and I'm sure you can talk to Steve (if you go Chan) and get it sorted out.
I know the chan can use the normal SJ 144 pump shoe, but i also think Steve likes the Alu shoe that is made by tricky and i think its 155 (but can use some kind of adapter ring)

I'm about to get my first AM hull, Backie Chan, and wondering about the pump.. It's set up for 155 but I have a 144mag with a lot invested into pump (cone, prop, etc). I learned the hard way that a bigger pump won't fit on a smaller shoe when I did the 144 swap on my FX1, but not sure about a bigger shoe and smaller pump.. Really don't wanna have to start fresh and buy a 155 set up cause all the money in the 144... Help please haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm assuming the hull already has a 155mm pump shoe installed? Or is it a new hull with a 155mm pump tunnel?

Top Bottom