Pump shoe replacement

Probally not the right forum, but it's a start. I've read up on this in the tech section, but leaves a little to be desired. This past weekend on flat water none the less, my riva intake grate broke, thus removing the bottom of my pump shoe(01 SJ), I have 2 on order, one from Blowsion(aluminum) and a stock one. From previous reading, it's gonna be a pain in the a$$, but my my real question is what to glue it back in with? Blowsion sells some kind of sealer/adhesive that they reccomend, stock yami seems to to some sort of epoxy, what's the best stuff to use? I have some evercoat smc/frp epoxy resin laying around from a previous repair, Just do not want to do this again. I appreciate any imput.

Last edited:

jetskier79

I'm goin' for two
holy jesus, I hate you all, I spent HHHOOOOURS on mine. I also used epoxy filler to adhere mine to the hull.

It's too bad the blaster hull with a good jet dynamics pump shoe is now going to sit in storage indefinitely.

jetskier79

I'm goin' for two
dude, wtf........the yamaha gods must HATE me. That nasty green adhesive would NOT let go of the OEM pump shoe. The OEM shoe came out in about 10,000 tiny little pieces. I seriously spent way too long chisseling that thing out.

I got my stock one out of my hull in one piece in 10 minutes.

Wahoos took 1.5 hours. Came out in 25 pieces and took some of the hull with it. We put my old shoe in Wahoos boat when we were done.

That same shoe is now in saki's boat.

I suspect they used different plastics to mold the shoe year to year.

-O

Well I'm back, and got it out in one piece, took maybe at tops 3 minutes, only minor damage to 2 tiny spots where the glue pulled a little glass away. Used a putty knife and hammer to cut through the green stuff, and a screwdriver to pry it out, just have to clean up a little of that green stuff, Just plain simple.

Keith

Landlocked
Damn, I wish mine would have come out that easy. Mine came out in tiny pieces. I used Duramix adhesive to reinstall the new one.

Reading this makes me wonder.... would 'someone' welding the intake grate to the ride plate be a jerry rig from having the grate rip out of the shoe? Mine is that way, from previous owner, and it never dawned on me why until reading this thread.... :dunno:

Unfortunately I'm not around my ski to confirm.

Well what can I say, It sucked for you, but not me. Ha-Ha this is a first for me usually if there are 2 choices easy and difficult, It's extremely difficult for me, just got the luck of the draw this time. Makes up for when I rejetted for the factory pipe. Carbs were soo corroded on the studs, was able to lift the ski off the stand, and the carbs would not move(used a hammer and chisel). Wish I had pics, engine compartment looked like new always rinsed and sprayed. I feel for you, something finally went right for me, probally blow a motor this weekend, just my luck. Karma

On the good side, I also found out that pump liner was bad(ride so often, don't notice the scraping noise) and had to clean up the leading edges of the impeller. Plus I was able to install my short cone and big bore Pro-tec nozzle. Helps me clear out the bag alittle. Leaves me some more time to consentrate on the paint over the winter. Just a simple paint job HOK kandy blue with lots of flake, unless I change back to my original design(Partidge family bus style in HOK) I got all the kolors.

T-bone

brraap....thats so 2002
i've found if you use a wood chisel and get under the green poo, it pops right off.

sicki

Ride hard, put away wet!
i
it was probably out in 45min-1hr.. idok said his came out in like 10min..

fox_ride_stkrth.jpg

ive done one that took almost 2 hours and one that came out in 3 big pieces with less than 5 min work

Top Bottom