Purchased by first SN (build).

Purchased a 90 SN yesterday and decided to do a build. Had a 701 62T but I'm thinking Jetmaniac 718 or BB. Still thinking on that one. This is my first SN, so any suggestions are much appreciated.
IMG_4353.jpegIMG_4355.jpeg
IMG_4361.jpegIMG_4360.jpegIMG_4359.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4354.jpeg
    IMG_4354.jpeg
    291.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4356.jpeg
    IMG_4356.jpeg
    119.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4357.jpeg
    IMG_4357.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4358.jpeg
    IMG_4358.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 7

john zigler

Vendor Account
Purchased a 90 SN yesterday and decided to do a build. Had a 701 62T but I'm thinking Jetmaniac 718 or BB. Still thinking on that one. This is my first SN, so any suggestions are much appreciated.
View attachment 400407View attachment 400409
View attachment 400415View attachment 400414View attachment 400413

Congrats! You really cannot go wrong with any of these engines.... 62t 701 properly set up can/will run well.

What is your experience and goals? Are you a newbe? Racer? Surf Rider? Chase boat waves / jump?

One thing I would strongly suggest - strip the ski completely, go through th driveline, mid shaft, etc. Rebuild with new quality bearings, and seals. I would drill small holes at the back of the hull and check for water in the tray/foam area. Remove all wet foam and re-do if needed. MAKE SURE to seal up the hull at all the known leak points, where the cables, exhaust ,and drive tube go through the hull.

Done right, and you will have a good solid ski that will give you years of fun.

Congrats! You really cannot go wrong with any of these engines.... 62t 701 properly set up can/will run well.

What is your experience and goals? Are you a newbe? Racer? Surf Rider? Chase boat waves / jump?

One thing I would strongly suggest - strip the ski completely, go through th driveline, mid shaft, etc. Rebuild with new quality bearings, and seals. I would drill small holes at the back of the hull and check for water in the tray/foam area. Remove all wet foam and re-do if needed. MAKE SURE to seal up the hull at all the known leak points, where the cables, exhaust ,and drive tube go through the hull.

Done right, and you will have a good solid ski that will give you years of fun.

Thanks John! I still don't know how I will set up the engine. I would say I'm a newb. This is my third ski but Ive been out of the game for about six years. I'm mainly going to be free riding around the gulf and some lakes. I am stripping the ski today and checking everything. So far it seems to be legit but I'm sure I'll find a gremlin or two.

bored&stroked

Urban redneck
-The more power, the better.
-Round Nose handlepole that I could cut to fit me was a major improvement. Don't even need a new pole bracket if you can work a cut off wheel for 1.5 minutes.
-footholds

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
The thing with these old SN's is they hold onto a lot of water under the tray in the foam. Not uncommon to remove 30-40lbs of wet foam. Other then that I would add a 9/15 hooker impeller and a bpipe.

The thing with these old SN's is they hold onto a lot of water under the tray in the foam. Not uncommon to remove 30-40lbs of wet foam. Other then that I would add a 9/15 hooker impeller and a bpipe.

I did some drilling and cutting on the tray this weekend and I didn't find any water and it wasn't wet. I'm able to pick the hull up so I'm thinking she's good to go. I know the previous owner put a stainless steel impeller but I don't know what pitch. Guess I'll see how it goes. So far the ski is looking good. I'm currently in search for a B Pipe.

-The more power, the better.
-Round Nose handlepole that I could cut to fit me was a major improvement. Don't even need a new pole bracket if you can work a cut off wheel for 1.5 minutes.
-footholds

It has an aluminum pole. Are those able to be shortened? If so where did you cut yours? Bottom or top?

You literally took a picture of the prop pitch! It’s says skat trac. Put your phone up in the tunnel and take more pics . I can see an 8 and 5...

Top Bottom