putting top end back together, have question

cycojon

addicted to my superjet
i just got a new set of pistons and a fresh bore and hone, when i put it all back together should i just put it together dry or should i wipe down the bore with something to lubricate?

all the old timers i know that have been building motors for longer than i have been alive say to wipe down the bore with ATF to help seat the rings at first... i think this might work for a 4 stroke, but what about the 2 stroke?

by the way, its a 62T/61X 701 with 81.5mm forged wiseco's

and what premix ratio should i run for the first tank of gas? i normally use 40:1 Klotz ski craft,

is yamalube ok to use for the first tank?

thanks

n247hp

N247hp
on the subject of installing new top end..... i just got in the wiseco pistons, which way do you put them in??? does the large width of the skirt go towards the exhaust side or the intake side?

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
there should be an arrow on top that points towards the ex side, and I would think the thinner skirt is the one for the intake side.

on the subject of installing new top end..... i just got in the wiseco pistons, which way do you put them in??? does the large width of the skirt go towards the exhaust side or the intake side?

Top Bottom