Quad or triple cooling???

I see all the high end skis running more the dual cooling, what is the point? Is it because of there motor? Honestly I think it just looks bad a33! Is that something I could do to my 750sx with my factory LTD pipe? Are there pros or cons? Thanks for the info haha

You can put as many pissers on as you want. It won't necessarily help or hurt you though... Some of these engine have 4 fittings on the head and people feel compelled to use all of them...

Can I tap another cooling line on my mani but just run the one out of the top of the head or do I need to on the head

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I was always taught 1 pisser for every cooling fitting on your pump....so I usually stick to that.

This is true only when the size of the Pissers are the same size as that inlets .

They don't run 15 lines from the pump. If you're running half-inch inlets, you may have multiple 3/8" outlets. The size, number and location of the outlets is determined by how the water is distributed throughout the system.

I see all the high end skis running more the dual cooling, what is the point? Is it because of there motor? Honestly I think it just looks bad a33! Is that something I could do to my 750sx with my factory LTD pipe? Are there pros or cons? Thanks for the info haha

you could put a ballah ass wing on your dodge neon but you won't be a racer. Do yourself a favor and do what's best for your setup. A sleeper gets much more positive attention than a poser.

c6eiglwpxf6ktvhugj8y.jpg

If however you still want a bunch of pissers for some reason, you can do so by restricting the flow out each one. Instead of running 2 8mm pissers, you could run 4 4mm pissers, or something silly.

Last edited:

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Can I tap another cooling line on my mani but just run the one out of the top of the head or do I need to on the head

Search dual cooling and parallel cooling. There are diagrams available for both. The dual cooling for a Superjet is probably good for your setup. The only difference is the stinger inlet is not build into the chamber so you put that on the metal pipe that runs to your waterbox.

You need 2 3/8" taps on the pump.

If however you still want a bunch of pissers for some reason, you can do so by restricting the flow out each one. Instead of running 2 8mm pissers, you could run 4 4mm pissers, or something silly.
I just want to point out here before someone goes and does this: if you were trying to keep the flow consistent by cutting the diameter in half, that's not how area works.
2x 8mm is not equivalent to 4x 4mm outlets.

+1 for the vato aisle above... extra points for "chrome" :eek:

x2mafia

Maximum effort
pissers add horespower everyone knows that.

run 2 lines in from your pump, ones goes to your headpipe the other to your manifold. your stock head has another bung fitting on it, its 1/8 pipe thread the same tap you will use for your pump. Run 2 pissers out of your head and one pisser from your pipe t line. You CAN run to cold though depending on the conditions of where your ride.

My ski was plumbed for half inch cooling and i reduced it down. Also trying parallel cooling this season on my limited 701 setup.

Attachments

• 20160311_202512.jpg
    20160311_202512.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 41
Top Bottom