Question about Sunglasses or Sea Specs

Ok first off, I am a total n00b, so I hope this doesn't sound stupid. I moved to FL a few months ago (I'm Jetaddict's roomie) and want to get started in skiing in the next few months or so, but I have an odd issue with my eyes. If my eyes get wet, I cannot reopen them without drying them with a towel, because ALL of my eyelashes go into my eyes, and it hurts like absolute hell. Does wearing sunglasses or sea specs while you ride keep the majority of water out of your eyes? I'm just worried about submerging when I go out and then going through serious pain trying to open my f-ing eyes again. Lol. :dunno:
Thanks in advance for the input.

The water is washing away the normal lubrication from your tears. You're sensitive to this loss of lubricity and subsequently start feeling your lids rubbing against your corneas each time you blink.

Keep practicing. You'll get used to it.

Probably.

:pancake:

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
Why is Astro-Glide always your answer to everything?

Stuck impeller, loss of compression, drunk prom queen, etc.

It's always the same with you.

Overton 'Spex' work very well.

I don't use mine much anymore but it was $60 well spent. They are designed to snug up to your face and is vented at the lens. The water that hits your face mostly/all flow over the dense foam that's snug up against your face and runs inside of the lens instead of your face and eyes.

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/search.cgi

Nice. Those look like they would do the trick.:beerchug:

The water is washing away the normal lubrication from your tears. You're sensitive to this loss of lubricity and subsequently start feeling your lids rubbing against your corneas each time you blink.

Keep practicing. You'll get used to it.

Probably.

That makes sense, except if I towel dry them they feel 100%, so unfortunately I don't think that's it. I wish it was though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom