Question for the ski retirees

I am building a Seadoo 3D just in case the worst happens I should still be able to ride a standup of some sort , years ago these were made fun of because of the size but now with the humongous 4 strokers out there it doesn't seem that big anymore lol.
Jimmy Visser barrel rolled a 3D in All My Crazy Friends :D ... can't remember what part but I think it was part 3 :)

Jr.

Standing Tall
Staff member
Site Supporter
41 years now in the sport. Focus over the last year or so has changed. Its not how I play the game anymore, its how long I can continue to stay in the game.
I still push my personal limits, but it takes a little longer to recover. 64 now, the goal is to still flip at 70. Don't ride as big of motors anymore either!
As said before, a body in motion stays in motion............ shred therapy is the Best therapy! a little Salt time doesnt hurt either

P

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I have been looking at this new miniboat fad really hard lately, that might be the next big thing for me as I have quite a bit of experience putting several jetski engines in boats already.

Last edited:

holygoat

Site Supporter
The man that got me into standups was 67 at the time. Married his daughter, two years later he said "hey come to the lake try this" and stuck me on a JS550 with a Coffman Sizzler. Went through a JS440, 550/750 swap, Superjet and then a WDK ROK in the following 18 months. His daughter has nobody to blame but her own father for my addiction.

SuperDrifter

Prototyper
Site Supporter
O geez, Spoke with the gentleman that 'invented' the Standup. Havasu ~2012? paraphrasing, " I just wanted to get to the other side of the lake"

holygoat

Site Supporter
I have been looking at this new miniboat fad really hard lately, that might be the next big thing for me as I have quite a bit of experience putting several jetski engines in boats already.

These are cool but I can't shake the feeling it would be a one day affair. You take it out, do a few turns, WFO run, and then.. well what else.

It's like all the impracticality of a ski combined with the inconveniences and linearity of a boat.

These are cool but I can't shake the feeling it would be a one day affair. You take it out, do a few turns, WFO run, and then.. well what else.

It's like all the impracticality of a ski combined with the inconveniences and linearity of a boat.
More a vehicle than a toy.

WFO Speedracer

I already have a micro mini boat I am building out of a Kawasaki TS that blew up, literally , the nut for the fuel pickups got loose the customer hit the start button and boom it blew them off the ski, luckily no one was injured when it happened .

It separated the hull and the deck, I pulled the engine out and put it in a standup , don't remember which one, it worked out because the hull being separated already means I didn't have to separate it lol.

WFO Speedracer

I have seen a lot of them with UHMW screwed to the bottom of them so they can just glide over most anything without damaging the boat.

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
41 years now in the sport. Focus over the last year or so has changed. Its not how I play the game anymore, its how long I can continue to stay in the game.
I still push my personal limits, but it takes a little longer to recover. 64 now, the goal is to still flip at 70. Don't ride as big of motors anymore either!
As said before, a body in motion stays in motion............ shred therapy is the Best therapy! a little Salt time doesnt hurt either

P
amen

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
Im 55 and been riding 28 years. We have had a hella crew in Nashville for 25 years, its dwindling unfortunately, a few new guys come and go but diehards are few and far between.
we ride every week, but the group is down from 20 a week to 10 on a good day.
We used to do a trip with 20 peeps to surf every year and most of the OG's now say its too much work.
There are 4 of us OG' that been riding together 25 years still hitting it. But there used to be many more. This same core 4 also still ride dirtbikes every Sunday through the winter.

Like the wise Jr. said (a body in motion............)

I often wonder what i will do when i cannot do these things and others. Prolly wake surf (low impact) and SXS in winter. For now this fat old f-----er will just keep flippin.

Attachments

• flipping pinky.jpg
    flipping pinky.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 18

Quinc

Buy a Superjet

The goal is to see how far up sketchy rapid filled rivers you can make it in one. =)

Top Bottom