Surfriding Question on Solas mag pump spacer?

modularjunk

day dreaming
Site Supporter
Anyone recently do a solas 144 mag pump with stock 61x exit nozzle and not need a spacer? Did one this past week and it didn't need a spacer there was no gap. Even pulled the dowels to see and its tight. I tried to use a spacer and it was the same size as the one molded on the pump. Something change or am I having a major brain fart and missing something?

Don't know what happened there. Was there a spacer already on the Solas pump? The inner lip/step of the Solas is a lot smaller than the approx. 6.200" of the oem. Second pic has a bit of perspective distortion/exaggeration, the calipers with the oem setting fit almost snugly around the outer (!) dimension of the Solas. I don't know if Solas recently changed the dimensions of their stator, if they did, could one also hope that they now have proper (bearing) bore dimension?P1050383.JPG P1050384.JPG

modularjunk

day dreaming
Site Supporter
sorry for the crappy pics its just a few I snapped when putting the pump together. Granted it was 1:30 am and i was exhausted but it did not look like an adapter ring on it and the place it came from sold the spacer ring separate. The black ring in the pic a buddy had extras of. It was weird bc i never had this issue before. All of them needed a spacer so this had me thinking about it for a while. Ski ran great yesterday w no issues so idk. Maybe this one had a ring on it already or solas changed it up. Pump was market 6 15 so im guessing it was made june 2015.

Just wondering if anyone else had this happen recently w solas changing it up or I was delirious and couldn't see a ring on it already. Ps this was a new in a box mag pump stator

ps last picture was the stock 61x nozzle going on the pump w/ out a spacer tight no gap.

Attachments

• 20150916_195745.jpg
    20150916_195745.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 100
  • 20150916_195752.jpg
    20150916_195752.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 101
  • 20150916_195832.jpg
    20150916_195832.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 100
The newest solas pumps were changed and do not require a spacer anymore.

If they don't required the spacer anymore. Why does mine have this gap all the way around. What do I do to fix it? Just silicone and slap it together? So weird how it doesn't fit well.
Here are some pictures. @JetManiac

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    99.7 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    96.9 KB · Views: 65

john zigler

Vendor Account
If they don't required the spacer anymore. Why does mine have this gap all the way around. What do I do to fix it? Just silicone and slap it together? So weird how it doesn't fit well.

Yours needs the spacer ring. Solas has made a change to the back of the pump, BUT there are still going to be plenty of older versions sitting on shelves.

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account

There are plenty of the older style around. Just need the spacer or oring adapter, have both in stock.

That's odd. This is my old pump. It's less than a year old and I never needed a spacer ring. Are there different nozzles that fit differently?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

03fbf57cebd06a022f1580663d02873b.jpg

This wasn't a 62t nozzle, not sure which it was though. We'll get it lined out buddy. Sorry for the confusion, didn't realize you needed more.

Top Bottom