Other quick steer Turn Plate Issue

Its all about the surf!
Here's the 15 minute fix- Drill a 6mm hole through the pole stop post and put a 6mm ss bolt through it. Add ss washers to either side of bolt (head and nut) so the bolt head/nut is now the stop. (After adjusting, You will most likely have to hack off a small portion of the bolt on the nut side so the entire nut will be the stop on that side). Does that make sense?

Your trying to say drill a hole thru the poll stop sideways. So than i can adjust the bolt with nuts and washers to basically make a poll stop that is wider as i adjust the quick steer outwards

Its all about the surf!
Your trying to say drill a hole thru the poll stop sideways. So than i can adjust the bolt with nuts and washers to basically make a poll stop that is wider as i adjust the quick steer outwards

Yes you got it. Like I said, 15 minute fix. Call it what u want it works, do it cleanly and it looks nice. Of course you can always get a Master mechanic to fix it with a $200 solution.

djraider700

lol wut?
Don't rig it, just get a new cable. The stock cable has 2.5 inches of travel. The schmity1 cable has a little over 4.5 I believe. The quick steer turn plate and nozzle mods help a little but nothing like a new long throw cable does. I have a 2010 SJ, believe me, I tried.

Top Bottom