quieting xmetal waterbox

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
has anyone tried adding a fitting to inlet side of xmetal waterbox and adding water there to reduce sound without affecting the water at the pipe stinger?

crammit442

makin' legs
has anyone tried adding a fitting to inlet side of xmetal waterbox and adding water there to reduce sound without affecting the water at the pipe stinger?

If you are going to add water anywhere it needs to be at the outgoing side of the box. Only my opinion, but the best way to make one quieter is to replace it with an OEM RN waterbox. They make fantastic power(none have been proven better) and are relatively quiet. The weight difference is only a couple of pounds and as long as you're using a flow control valve/restrictor at the stinger there's no difference in how much water is in the box. The real advantage is you don't get thrown off the lake or further damage public opinin of jetskis.

If you are going to add water anywhere it needs to be at the outgoing side of the box. Only my opinion, but the best way to make one quieter is to replace it with an OEM RN waterbox. They make fantastic power(none have been proven better) and are relatively quiet. The weight difference is only a couple of pounds and as long as you're using a flow control valve/restrictor at the stinger there's no difference in how much water is in the box. The real advantage is you don't get thrown off the lake or further damage public opinin of jetskis.

I know it seems like a crazy thought but I did this and it works GREAT. Get rid of the Xmetal they are nothing but noise makers!

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few

I know it seems like a crazy thought but I did this and it works GREAT. Get rid of the Xmetal they are nothing but noise makers!

My opinion-I went to the lake and spent 1/2 a day back and forth with the X metal and a oem set up the way Crammit said to do it-I have been running OEM w/FCV and restrictor for nearly a year now-my name is Gil. LOL

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Powerboats, loud as they are, don't keep going back and forth and back and forth, doing circles, going back and forth some more....

Cannibal

Tasty Human
Has anyone thought about an insert like this placed in the exhaust tube (rubber tube from water box to stainless tube). This one is 2" diameter, but is steel.

cci-3d102r.jpg

Also there are ones like this but I didn't find any small enough to fit anything on our skis. However, it's just a cone, so I'd imagine you could cut it down to make it fit whatever diameter you'd need. It couldn't be bolted in, but shoved into the exhaust rubber tube and it should stay put. This one is stainless.

dtc-72-32520_w.jpg

Top Bottom