SX/SXi/SXi Pro R&D timing advance plate

You guys that are having prob with the timing advance plate, are you remembering to use the supplied gasket? Crucial thing here. It makes up for the height you've put on your pickup now. If not then your pickup is not square with your stator.

uhh? gasket? i never got one with mine. does it go between the stator cover and cases? i have no problems with mine.. well, so far

2010brandingo

TEACH ME HOW TO DOUGIE!
most do... but i have seen an R&D kit that stated it was for "all year 750's except zxi" and had no gasket. i have both, an early model 750 and an sxr and im putting it on both. the 750 has msd tl on it now but going back to charging and the 800 i just got this year so im guessing i need a gasket for that one?? already have the plate, enhancer, and retard just no gasket.

I had 185 psi both cylinders, timing advance plate and msd ignition enhancer. I always ran 93, I never knew I had both of those installed until one day I had a short inside my electrical box and all my wiring burnt up. I needed a new electrical box and the pickup coil. Then I found these parts, removed them, and never noticed an ounce of a difference. Seems to run healthier.

Glad to see im not the only one who put it on backwards at first lol but once i switched it to the correct position it fired right up. not sure how much difference this makes to a stock ski because i did mine along with a Factory Limited Pipe and moved to 80 pilot jets and was testing it on st. clair this weekend and this thing rips. For the money and install time i would recommend this mod to sxi owners. Not sure why people say you have to do a "bunch" of grinding. If you have air tools it takes no more than ten minutes of grinding.

sxi steve

Life's short, have fun.
Were did you ride on St. Clair..., there were 9 stand ups at the mouth of the North Channel on Sunday. Good day riding!

Last edited:
Top Bottom