Super Jet Radiator hose for ex coupler?

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
Has anybody ever tried using automotive radiator hose for a coupler, between the exp chamber to water box? B pipe limited chamber to xmetal waterbox is what I am wanting to do, but not sure if it will hold up? I ordered one (very nice one) from a member, but forgot the coupler has to be 2"x2"... So I grabbed a radiator hose yesterday that has a 45 deg bend in it and want to try it, but not sure if it will deal with the temps. Anybody?

Thanks guys
Jay

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
The only problem with using radiator hose is that it won't last long with the oily exhaust going through it, the oil will swell and weaken the rubber eventually causing it to blow.. Go to like a Carquest and see if they have Neoprene hoses. My local one does, and they can handle the oil..

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
Ran automotive radiator hose in a js550 without a waterbox, from the pipe to the sea. Performance wise...not a good plan. But the hose held up until I broke the ski in half.

Do what works!

Seeing coolant hoses swell up so much as a mechanic I bought my self a turbo smart silicone hose looks exactly like the $80 factory pipe coupler and a quarter the cost

Top Bottom