Super Jet Readings test OK, but no voltage output from stator = no spark

After pulling the ski out after 5 months of no use. The first weekend it started and ran mint, the next, cranked but no spark.

I've had such issues before on various ski's so am familiar with all the test readings for the coils etc, and everything tests up good. The charge (spark) stator was rewound not that long ago too.

However while cranking it puts out zero volts. While I know that without a special multi meter getting an accurate reading isn't possible, but my experience one would see upward 50v jumping about. I get hardly a flicker on either a digital or analog multi meter, yet the coil has a strong 580ohm reading.

Anyone suggest where to look next? I'm pretty sure this is the source of the issue, CDI is near new (EPIC), coils have been redone etc etc. But I can't understand how/why.

I'm yet to pop the flywheel, maybe the stators come loose (not running to do this seems unlikely), flywheel issue? (lost magnatism? )

Any ideas, cheers.

Yep tried that first up without luck.

Hooked up old cdi, faulty but ski would start on it previously (just not rev, timing issue) still nothing.

Need to find another ignition coil to test with but i recon some weird stator issue even though tests ok

So Turbo was right. Sourced a peak hold adapter and stator does 150v at crank. Tested cdi output to coin and zip. Re tested with old faulty cdi and noticed bad earth into it, fixed that and get spark.

So do these Epic cdi units die often/early? It's hardly had any use and I use resistor plugs always (read its recommended for them)

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
So Turbo was right. Sourced a peak hold adapter and stator does 150v at crank. Tested cdi output to coin and zip. Re tested with old faulty cdi and noticed bad earth into it, fixed that and get spark.

So do these Epic cdi units die often/early? It's hardly had any use and I use resistor plugs always (read its recommended for them)

I thought mine was bad once. Disconnected and reconnected the ground and it has been good since.

Top Bottom