300/440/550 Rear exhaust on X2

adet16v

No like winter
one thing i can think of is if you are in a tailstand or similar position you will get the exhaust air drawn into the pump.... causing cavitation, making it harder to pull out of the stand

I believe that is the common reason that people convert from rear to side exhaust...

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
is there any downside to changing the side exhaust to a rear exhaust? Why dont more people do this mod?
I was going to do this one, but decided to go way up front to clear the sponsons. It wont cause any problems that way, and I like to hear it!:arms:

Snackem

Danger Zone
So how hard is it to move the exhaust way up front in order to clear the sponsons? It looks fairly easy just a little glass work?

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
So how hard is it to move the exhaust way up front in order to clear the sponsons? It looks fairly easy just a little glass work?
It will be simple with my setup.

Attachments

• ocean Pro.jpg
    ocean Pro.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 231
  • 100_4686.JPG
    100_4686.JPG
    374.5 KB · Views: 241
  • 100_4684.JPG
    100_4684.JPG
    449.8 KB · Views: 247

Legdragger

Bringing it back
It heads straight out of the water box with no bends.

X2stuff008.jpg

WAB

salty nuts
This is kinda off this topic, but pete's pic made me think of it...
The lower tow hook is GREAT! (had to use it when I ran out of gas :rolleyes:) The nose does not try and go under as badly when getting towed.

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
I have/had a 1991 650 SX which had rear exhaust. I couldn't do a tail stand at all on it because of the rear exhaust. Well I was going to put a side/dual exhaust kit on it. Problem was, I didn't like any of teh aftermarket kits out there.

So I was in the process of having a mchine shop make me a side exhaust filtting/Tee similar to the stock side exhaust piece. It would then use the stock side exhaust outlet. Howver on the inside of the ski, it would be a Tee so that exhaust could either exit the rear or side. Bad thing is they lost my parts and I haven't heard from them since.
DBR

here's my rear exhaust that i fitted approx 10 years ago. I built up the rear of the footwells which gives you more room to move in the tray. After getting through the glass with a holesaw I then cut serrations in the end of some alloy pipe and hand drilled it through the foam and met with the bulkhead on the exhaust side. Much quieter and despite the exhaust exiting near the pump I havn't experienced real dramas with extended tailstands.

Attachments

• 123_2361.JPG
    123_2361.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 275

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
I want to put a rear/side exhaust combo on my X2 with a "T" side exhaust fitting I was talking about. I have some CAD drawings somewhere, I will have to dig them up and post a pic of it.

On the rear, I wanted to put on a Blowsion or TBM rear axhaust outlet for an 800 SXR.

DAVE

Legdragger

Bringing it back
I would rather have two scuppers or even four if I was digging into the rear of the hull. You could have to exit the tray area and two exit the pump area.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
I would rather have two scuppers or even four if I was digging into the rear of the hull. You could have to exit the tray area and two exit the pump area.
Hey Pete, is the single 1.5 inch drain fast enough? I bought both 1.5 and 2 inch but was leaning more twards 1.5.

Legdragger

Bringing it back
I am using one 1.5 right now but I am getting a new hull ready that has two 1.5's. The one definately does a good job though. I wouldn't worry about it. Putting a tube up the right side is more work than the left. The water lines get in the way. You have to move them around by cuting the floor board up.

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
That sucks!

Anyone ever split the two halves open on an X2? I saw an SJ on "the other forum" where they split open ahull to put scuppers, dual cooling lines, and a trim cable housing through it.

I removed my hood liner and it definetly was a destructive process. I wouldn't want to do that with an actual hull.

DBR

Legdragger

Bringing it back
You could get in there by cutting the under seat area open and defoaming, which is something that should be considered if you really want to kep the weight down. I know my current hull is totally waterlogged. I have a few hulls in the attic and the range from 135 to 147 pounds stripped without the hood. I suspect all of them have water in them. I have one hull I just got that feels super light but haven't weighed it yet. I need to figure out the weight of a good dry hull.

Top Bottom