rear sponsons with tubbies?

Just getting ready to put on a pair of tubbie I's and I started wondering if rear sponsons would be good too. I'm not hardcore freestyle but I like to try. At the same time I really like to carve, bouys, etc. Will rear sponsons hurt freestyle? Do they help much at all? I was looking at the riva ones. Any advice?

Thanks,
Adam

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Stick with one set of sponsons, not two.

I am pretty sure they are supposed to work as one set (either one), not together.

And before Harrison gets in here, Tubbies are great for flatwater carving, and they don't hinder freestyle either. Tricks take some different balance, and the Tubbies do not help the tricks, but they don't hurt anything.

I run hull extensions with tubbies for all types of riding.They have to be cut down in length a little to suit each rider. Really helps out free riding in the ocean.

I like the ones that bolt to the bond rail with tubbies. Wab's friend has a SJ with tubies and those sponsons bolted to the bond line and I love riding that ski! Handles great in the surf!

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
ive got rear riva sponsons and tubbies

the directions from riva suggest front sponsons i think because the rear ones push the nose down.

they suggest front ones to lift the nose a bit to counteract the nosedive.

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
Now that I have tubbies, im really considering chopping half my bond rails off starting at around 1-2 feet before the back of the hull and flushing them in. I think this would really let the back sink in on turns.

Top Bottom