Custom/Hybrid rebuilding my 95 FX1

Im putting a 62t motor in my old Fx1. My question to the experienced is can i keep the same electronic box as my stock 61x or do i need to change to the 62t e-box . Just wodering cuz i am almost complete with my rebuild. Pics coming soon, i cant thank everyone enough for helping me out with this rebiuld. This site is a livesaver

No they are the same, one wire is different ended on the cdi which is why a msd enhancer will work on either also. Maybe a shorter wire harness for a fx1 but if it came out it will go back in.

No they are the same, one wire is different ended on the cdi which is why a msd enhancer will work on either also. Maybe a shorter wire harness for a fx1 but if it came out it will go back in.

What is a msd enhancer??? I just got my stator today so i plan on taking the ebox apart and disconnecting the wires...

VXSXH20

Sionis Industries
msdenhancer-01.jpg

a "msd enhancer"An aftermarket electronic control module that lets you dial in your peak rpms ( adjustable by you) also known to have better holeshot capabilites with the use of a remote switch by advancing the igntion timing and so on. nice upgrade to a stock ignition system. it will replace your oem cdi on 6m6,61x or 62t yamaha based engine. cheaper way then going to a total loss style system which will make your engine run like a scalded dog..but unlike a stock system ( flywheel and stator) total loss systems usually do not have the capabilty to recharge your battery while running and riding.

Top Bottom