Reeds

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
I searched... found threads on each but not a comparison.

Boysen or Vforce 2's?

Whats better? From what I understand Im more apt to get boysen than the vforce 2's.

The Timmer

killin sj's
I searched... found threads on each but not a comparison.

Boysen or Vforce 2's?

Whats better? From what I understand Im more apt to get boysen than the vforce 2's.

iv just been through this same comparison and talked with the guys i trust and all of them have told me that vforce are the best..but if you have the cash go with the r@d reed setup..since i dont make amazing money i decided to go with the vforce delta 2's

and if your patient the vforce 3's are comeing really soon !!!:Banane09:

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
Explain the R&D? Why you call it a setup? Its more than just a reed?

Youll have to excuse my reed ignorance. Ive been a long fan of the piston port.

Kennay

Squarenose for the _____
I was told by a very reputable engine builder on this site that v-force 2's aren't close to being worth the money for a smaller bore engine. He said once you get around 800+cc's they will help.

hangtime

Speak up ,don't kiss azz
My motor builder recommended v force II's on a mildly ported 701 SJ and he wasn't selling me anything either because I was buying them on my own .All he did was the short block .

Every little bit helps and it all adds up

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
this is a really theorhetical question as I still dont even know what reeds I have... Im to lazy to take off the intake manifold until I take the exhaust off.

Your def. going to get Fans of both reeds. I personally use V-force, but I'm pretty sure you cant loose with either. Oh, and like HangTime said, it all adds up and every little bit helps.

750SX

DO IT
The big advantage with the vforces is that they have twice the area of stock reeds. More throttle response. I will be going with v-force 3's when they come out, and when I get some bigger carbs. The nice thing is that the 3's don't have screws.

i got subn's v force reeds from them and i like them. but i did so many other mods at the same time as the reeds i cannot tell you if they made a huge difference

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
Sounds like to me that no one is NOT happy with V force 2's, but not many people have tried boyeson.

From what I understand, boyeson is just a replacement reed pedal, using the stock cage and Vforce is an entire replacement but you have to use a reed spacer as well?

cambo au

TRYING TO LEARN
i went from standard carbon reeds to v force and i cant a huge difference but i am happy with my set up i would buy v force again

SUPERTUNE

Race Gas Rules
V force 2's will wear very good with big motors and not be subjected to breakage with over revving engines. Rad valves made by Boyesen w/pro 3 stage reeds work very well , but petals don't last very long and are expensive to replace.
I like my Kawasaki reed valve conversion w/light tension Carbon Tech petals & my custom reed spacer for engines under 860cc's
Stock superjet reed cages suck...reed angle too steep, petal stops are too short to support the full length of the petals when against the stop.

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
I can say that the Boyeson Tripple stage reeds along with the Boyeson Mnfld makes a noticable difference over the Kawi cageds w/ carbon tech reeds, but the Kawi set up is nice and VERY reliable they seem to last forever. I have a set of V-force 2's but have yet to try them. I will be trying them on a 760 set up w/ protec mnfld soon.

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
V force 2's will wear very good with big motors and not be subjected to breakage with over revving engines. Rad valves made by Boyesen w/pro 3 stage reeds work very well , but petals don't last very long and are expensive to replace.
I like my Kawasaki reed valve conversion w/light tension Carbon Tech petals & my custom reed spacer for engines under 860cc's
Stock superjet reed cages suck...reed angle too steep, petal stops are too short to support the full length of the petals when against the stop.

So what do you recommend? PS, I pm'ed radney about a blaster mod chamber on a 701, he said hed talk to you about it and youd tell me how to really get it to rip.

Don 79 TA

Still Fat....
$$ per $$ i like the standard boynseen and riva stuffers
i have the DF2's, but i went with a lamey setup at the same time

i say get what you can afford, and if you use the boynseens, you'll have some $$ left over for some other goodies

just a thought

i still think its personal preference

i have tried carbon fiber reeds before this lamey setup. again i didn't think much of them compared to the boy's.... then again other factors could have played into that as well

Top Bottom