Registration numbers

ItsRixter

SoCal Wav Jumping shiznit
If you have an 08-09 Superjet can you post a pic of where you place your registartion numbers? I see a few pics like YAMACAT's and that seems to work well with the limited space avail due to the factory decals.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
I still haven't been able to bring myself to put my reg numbers on yet. This ski is just so clean without them. :(

I want to make a pattern that will perfectly fit over the "Superjet" logo on the side of my ski and substitute my Reg numbers into it. If the sizing can be matched I think it would look pretty good and fit in with my OEM stealth theme.

This is kinda what I'm thinking but I can't find the correct font and freehand draw in Paint isn't exactly on my talent list.

Attachments

• Boykid SJ Reg2.jpg
    Boykid SJ Reg2.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
See the picture below where I placed my registration #s on my 08. It took me forever to figure out where to place them. I think the placement turned out good for a stock setup.

Attachments

• sj 043.jpg
    sj 043.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:

Shifty

- SuperJet Thursday -
Technically Illegal since they are to be afixed to the hull and not a removable piece. I had them made with a slight slant to somewhat match the stock graphics.

It blows they have to be there at all, much cooler without them in place.

Attachments

• P4050253 (Medium).JPG
    P4050253 (Medium).JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 226
Technically Illegal since they are to be afixed to the hull and not a removable piece.

I think you can get away with them being attached to the hood. First you could just say that the hood doesn't come off. How many cops have ever seen a SJ let alone know where the hood is.

Also the law is most likely there so that it is illegal to put the numbers on say a piece of wood that is easily removable. If people could do this they could just flip there numbers inside the hull (like a jon boat, not a jet ski) and people wouldn't be able to get there numbers.

RoyalFlush@PCB

Shootin' The Crap
My FL #'s are on the pole, and so far I have not been hassled by Johnny Law....

:beerchug:

You haven't met Johnny Law's cousin Cleetus that works the Panama City area, then. I was told that the registration numbers were required to be as far forward as possible on the hull, just above the bondline. Cleetus sucks!!! :shooter3:

Etheraldreamer

Be there and be square.
I was told that the registration numbers were required to be as far forward as possible on the hull, just above the bondline. Cleetus sucks!!! :shooter3:

Forward!? i was pretty sure florida law mandates they be on the rear half of the vessel...net is WAY too slow right now for me to look it up or i would. lol

Rickster

Matakana Menace
You haven't met Johnny Law's cousin Cleetus that works the Panama City area, then. I was told that the registration numbers were required to be as far forward as possible on the hull, just above the bondline. Cleetus sucks!!! :shooter3:

And that is why I stay out in the swamp and play with the gators with the rare trip to the coast....

:naughty:

Rickster

Matakana Menace
Forward!? i was pretty sure florida law mandates they be on the rear half of the vessel...net is WAY too slow right now for me to look it up or i would. lol

The Requirements Are:
Use of Block Style letters and numbers only;
Letters & numbers must be at least Three (3) inches in height;
Letters & numbers must be of Contrasting Color (not outlined, shadowed or rounded); if
the background is multicolored or patterned, a block out area of a single color may be
required to facilitate readability.
The Letters and numbers must be separated by the width of one letter or number - not including
the number one (1) or the capital letter (I). Use either a blank space or a hyphen and they must be
read from left to right. The validation sticker must be visible and placed within six inches of the
registration numbers. Placement either in front of or behind the numbers is determined by state
regulation.
The Registration Numbers, Letters and Sticker must be PERMANENTLY ATTACHED and on
the Forward Half of the Vessel. Adhering registration numbers and stickers on glass or plastic
windows or using placards (signboards) are NOT considered Permanent and can no longer be used
unless they are bolted or screwed in place on the hull or superstructure (including on dinghys).
Signboards cannot be attached to railings. Inflatable boat manufacturers should be contacted for
letters and numbers made of the same material / adhesive as the boat to attain permanency. Validation
stickers issued by states can be adhered to metal or plastic plates and mounted on grab straps with
non-reversable wire ties, but must be within 6 inches of the registration number and visible to law

ItsRixter

SoCal Wav Jumping shiznit
Looks like most of you are putting it on the hood and following the lines of the graphics.
Seems like the only other two places would be the pole (as some of you have done) and the the rear near the "Yamaha" decal. I could remove the "Yamaha" and put it there.
In CA it is supposed to be on the front part of the hull.

Top Bottom