Surfriding Renting a stand-up in Cozumel?

swapmeet

Brotastic
The misses and I are taking our first vacation in like 4 years soon to a all inclusive place on Cozumel.

I'm sure the chances are slim to none, but I figured someone on here might know if there was a place that rented stand ups on the island?

Hell I'd take a SXR or a 650SJ if someone had one...... I just want to ride in that beautiful water, even play in some light surf... But I'm not even sweating that really.

Thanks in advance.

swapmeet

Brotastic
Yeah, I'm a little nervous about it, but that island is pretty much 100% tourist income. I doubt they would let a scammer give them a bad name.

rubbertoe

X-H20 certified
Swapmeet , don't think Cozumel would be the same risk as say Thialand ,seems way more US tourist oriented and less likely to risk a bad reputation .but i haven't actually been there so its just speculation .sounds fun though.

Last edited:
Not sure about Cozumel but in cabo there are tons of couches that you can rent but no stand ups. I think most people can't ride them and its only for one person so the appeal is low. But that would be awesome if they did have them. Only problem is that I would spend my whole vacation on it.

Its all about the surf!
Good luck finding a Stand Up jet ski for rent anywhere other than those 2 guys in the carribien (Can't remeber there names). Cozumels main draw is Scuba. Hope you're certified, the diving is unreal. Instead of a ski, Better plan on renting a scooter and exploring the whole Island. There's surf on the backside but its really small and surf board rental is expensive. Also secure you TOTAL scooter rental price up front, they did the "bait and switch" price on me. ( Bait you in with $10 rental and tack on taxes and other BS that some how come up to $30, and I returned the scooter Full of gas!)

cattledog

EH TEAM RACING
just be cAREFUL IN MEXICO LOTS OF THINGS HAPPENING TO TOURIST DOWN THERE, I SPENT TWO WEEKS ON THAT ISLAND, WE HAD A COP TRYING TO EXTORT MONEY FROM ME HE WANTED 50 DOLLRS AMERCIAN FROM ME OR HE WAS GOING TO ARREST MY MEXICIAN FRIEND I GAVE HIM 20 DOLLARS AND HE TOOK OF LIKE THE SCUM BAG HE WAS, THE CANADIAN GOVT HAS POSTED A WARNING TO CANADIANS TRAVELING TO MEXICO

rubbertoe

X-H20 certified
standard .^^ i guess we live so close to mexico that kind of behavior can be the norm ,or not depending on your experience or local

swapmeet

Brotastic
I plan on snorkeling its our main reason for going, not scuba certified. Yet.

Our resort rents scooters. Our plan is to ride to some of the places you can walk in and snorkel. I don't care for the guided tours the entire time.

Last edited:

MarkWalker

Site Supporter
I'm in Negril Jamaica right now, After being asked if I wanted to rent a jet ski 40 times, I asked about a stand up, the kid at rental shack said someone in Negril has one, but he hasn't seen it in awhile. Then he tried to sell me weed, crack, meth, coke or anything else I need..... Only in Jamaica Mon.

Last edited:

todc207

Drama diffuser
I'm in Negril Jamaica right now, After being asked if I wanted to rent a jet ski 40 times, I asked about a stand up, the kid at rental shack said someone in Negril has one, but he hasn't seen it in awhile. Then he tried to sell me weed, crack, meth, coke or anything else I need..... Only in Jamaica Mon.
now that is what I call a full service rental shack! We are going to Key West in a couple weeks with a bunch of the people that live on my lake and we have been looking for stand up rentals. No luck but tons of RXP's. may have to settle with about four of those we can at least race them around. Lol

swapmeet

Brotastic

LOL! That's where we took our last vacation! You're not joking either.... They'll get you 'Aneeee Ting Youuu Wannn muh brudda!'

Is there a guy walking up and down the beach saying 'cigarette cigar cigar cigar' over and over?

where are you staying?

Cozumel is my favorite vacation spot. I would take that island over any other Caribbean destination. 100% family friendly. We walked around the town square after dark and felt safe. I have been there a few times and never saw a jet ski for rent. The resort side of the island faces the main land and there is no surf. We did the jeep tour and got to stop for lunch on the other side which is 95% un developed (national park / animal refuge). The surf over there was something I would kill to ride in. If you want a list of what's awesome there shoot me a pm, I have been there a few times, I did just about all the tours and know of some off the grid restaurants in town if you venture from the resort.

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
Cozumel is my favorite vacation spot. I would take that island over any other Caribbean destination. 100% family friendly. We walked around the town square after dark and felt safe. I have been there a few times and never saw a jet ski for rent. The resort side of the island faces the main land and there is no surf. We did the jeep tour and got to stop for lunch on the other side which is 95% un developed (national park / animal refuge). The surf over there was something I would kill to ride in. If you want a list of what's awesome there shoot me a pm, I have been there a few times, I did just about all the tours and know of some off the grid restaurants in town if you venture from the resort.

Agreed... been several times. It would be great if you got scuba certified before you went, they have some fantastic diving. I can only assume there is some good snorkeling, we only snorkeled right off the beach and at chankanaab which was pretty good. Cozumel REALLY caters to the cruise ships now, I am not sure what you can do to avoid them. We rented a jeep and cruised the island. Stop at the Mayan ruins in the center, cruise the east coast. The southern tip has some good stops too.
Have fun.

The pirate ship dinner cruise was pretty cool. Surf and turf and drink until you fall down kind of fun. I'm not scuba certified, but on the jeep tour we took the first stop was snorkeling and it was amazing. I wish I had a waterproof camera for that. Oh there is a tequila factory tour that was pretty interesting too.

swapmeet

Brotastic
This is great info y'all. I can't thank you enough!

My wife totally hooked this trip up for us because I like to snorkel so I'm glad were gong to the right place.

Hell yeah, y'all hook it up with the suggestions!

swapmeet

Brotastic
Secrets Aura, its just turning into a 'secrets' brand resort.... It was something else before. Right next to Sabor Resort. It's one of the more southern resorts, picked it to avoid the cruise ships.

That's down a good distance from town. We were further south from there but hey, it's a small island! Have a great time!

Top Bottom