rev limiter removal

fishinrod

guerrilla steezin
ive got an 06 sj and i want to get a B pipe but a guy that owns this shop told me that i would have to remove the rev limiter because it would hit it with the pipe. my question is what happen s if theres no rev limiter does the motor have a melt down if someone doesnt let go of the throttle, and secondly is it possible to get a rev limiter set to a higher rpm so that o still have one?

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
yes, yes,
you can solder in a POT to make it adjustable
or have someone like protec do it
for you

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
If you search, there is a thread or two on removing the rev limiter on 650yam (6m6) cdi's. The same mod can be applied to yout 62t cdi. I've done the "no limit" mod, and it works.

SUPERTUNE

Race Gas Rules
Just buy a MSD Enhancer cdi...(better spark output, adjustable rev settings, and a slightly better timing curve) this way IF if ever goes bad you can throw the stocker back in just to ride again...

LBE

Eddie Would Go.
Just buy a MSD Enhancer cdi...(better spark output, adjustable rev settings, and a slightly better timing curve) this way IF if ever goes bad you can throw the stocker back in just to ride again...

And it will go out. MSD not worth the $$ IMO.

Remove revlimiter and advance static timing 2 deg. Feels the same as MSD to me.

I have no rev limiter in my skis and love it. I have modded quite a few stockers with the "no limit" mod. Both for locals and board members. Shoot me a PM if you would like it done. No charge, takes 1 day to turn around.

SUPERTUNE

Race Gas Rules

I have no rev limiter in my skis and love it. I have modded quite a few stockers with the "no limit" mod. Both for locals and board members. Shoot me a PM if you would like it done. No charge, takes 1 day to turn around.

Yes you can do this, but won't work for everyone's engine setups and not as safe for all riders riding lakes and rivers is different than surf riding.

The MSD Enhancer will help in keeping the heat out of the piston crowns at extended rpm running and this will help prevent detonation.

fishinrod

guerrilla steezin
i hear what everyone is saying but just to get things strait i ride majority in rivers/lakes and then maybe once a week in surf dont know if this makes a differencebut also i hear alot of mixed feeling towards the msd cdi, is this thing gonna be reliable as the stocker or close to it atleast?

keefer

T1
I can mod your stock CDI for you to make it adjustable if you do not want to shell out the $$$ for an enhancer right now. PM if interested.

GUMP

i rekon
i hear what everyone is saying but just to get things strait i ride majority in rivers/lakes and then maybe once a week in surf dont know if this makes a differencebut also i hear alot of mixed feeling towards the msd cdi, is this thing gonna be reliable as the stocker or close to it atleast?

all depends i still have my first one sense first big Lanier ride i think was 2004/5

jetski9010

Team RTYD
Yes you can do this, but won't work for everyone's engine setups and not as safe for all riders riding lakes and rivers is different than surf riding.

The MSD Enhancer will help in keeping the heat out of the piston crowns at extended rpm running and this will help prevent detonation.
Bringing this thread back...can you just run high octane fuel and still set it up this way. If you do run race gas can you advance it to 4 or 5 degrees more with the stock cdi with removed rev limiter?

if you can tell me how to do it or I'll send mine to you and have it done its in a regular waverunner LX 1990 650

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Be careful advancing the static timing if you're running WOT.. Msd retards at higher rpms to avoid deto..

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I have a stock CDI, pipe, head, etc, my 04 Superjet turns 7200 rpm without hitting the rev limiter. I don't think it's been modified.

I had a MSD enhancer in it, but it failed, put the stocker back in, can't tell the difference.

Top Bottom