Rickter carnage

I had a siimilar but worse problem on my SpeedMagic carbon X-2, big landings in the surf caused it to peel. Apparently it is from too much time between layers, the surface got 'contaminated' before the next layer was applied so they don't bond properly

waterfreak

I had a vision!
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
I wonder what kind of resins they are using? I heard that they use vinyl ester but maybe their is a huge difference between thailand and USA made resins.

Guys, this is a bit harsh and unfair.
It is an FS2 and I only ride it in the sea.
Its never ridden up concrete ramps or hit rocks.

It has started to delaminate in places. I had to do a quick repair before going out to France for the IFWA contest.
With it being a competition weekend, I did continue to ride where as most of you would have stopped.
This thread is a bit unfair and premature on Rick Roy Products. I have spoken to them and Rick has been very supportive and is backing his products as we try and understand what has happened.
The photo of me with my fingers is also not very helpful, but was in the "heat of the moment" as I came in from my heat!

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
having ridden with graham back in the days of billing aquadrome he is for sure hard on his skis but is also an amazing rider who pushes the limits of his ski and himself (remember the nitro addition???)

its great to hear that rick is standing by his products

graham .. i thought you were out for the year with your knee problems.....

Well, I'm pleased to say I have good news.
Whilst I have never met Rick, I've had several conversations with him, and I'm impressed.
It transpires that the way I recover the ski onto my lauching trolley on my own may not have been doing us any favours.
Needless to say, Rick and I have come to an amicable arrangement to fix the problem.
His committment to the product is admirable in this day and age, he is clearly in this for the long game.

As for me being hard on my gear, I don't know how fair that is!
I'm not one for cleaning and polishing admittedly, but mechanically, she wants for nothing with an ATP billet 5mm stroker inside.

I think If you ask any top freerider, I bet they'll have bust no end of gear on their way up. A gentle nose stab off a 3 foot wave is very different to pancaking a flip from 20 foot up in the air by trying no handers, or being churned through the white water on a 15 foot wave and dumped on the beach. Once you've learnt you craft, and land flips and rolls cleanly, its not so bad. That said, at the IFWA contest last week, I think just about everyone hit the bottom in one form or another! If it goes wrong when you go big, yes its hard on your gear!!!

Steve, I had the knee op 5 weeks ago and it went ok. Its amazing how much an injury can effect you in the head, but I feel rejuvinated now! Happy days at Billing hey!!

Glad you are getting it sorted . I think any product can have problems human error etc , I guess the real mark of a quality product is customer service/support when things do go wrong .well done rrp for putting things right and standing behind your product

QJS

X-
Nice one Graham....You're engine is an 8mm stroker by the way not 5mm :)
Chris.

As for me being hard on my gear, I don't know how fair that is!
I'm not one for cleaning and polishing admittedly, but mechanically, she wants for nothing with an ATP billet 5mm stroker inside.

I think If you ask any top freerider, I bet they'll have bust no end of gear on their way up. A gentle nose stab off a 3 foot wave is very different to pancaking a flip from 20 foot up in the air by trying no handers, or being churned through the white water on a 15 foot wave and dumped on the beach. Once you've learnt you craft, and land flips and rolls cleanly, its not so bad. That said, at the IFWA contest last week, I think just about everyone hit the bottom in one form or another! If it goes wrong when you go big, yes its hard on your gear!!!

Steve, I had the knee op 5 weeks ago and it went ok. Its amazing how much an injury can effect you in the head, but I feel rejuvinated now! Happy days at Billing hey!!

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
?? Nightmare

Yeah his first XFS had a lot of problems, he was so mad at RRP for not standing by the hull he put duck tape over the rrp/Rickter stickers

I haven't seen this ski in person but heard from a buddy it was really bad.... I think he bought a new one

Maybe he will post something

Yeah his first XFS had a lot of problems, he was so mad at RRP for not standing by the hull he put duck tape over the rrp/Rickter stickers

I haven't seen this ski in person but heard from a buddy it was really bad.... I think he bought a new one

Maybe he will post something

Oh I didn't know thats what he was referring too. I did see that boat last weekend at the belle river competition , and ya for only being 6 months old, it's rough. He had fragile stickers all Over it, he's honestly doing Rick a favour putting duct tape over his name. that boats one of the ones built at the old factory, the ones built at the new factory are much better. My xfs has seen 50+ Backflip attempts/fails and still no damage

Lucaumpits

RIDE LIKE U'VE STOLE IT!!
backflips dont hurt the ski, learning rolls and underflips that is the real test
Oh I didn't know thats what he was referring too. I did see that boat last weekend at the belle river competition , and ya for only being 6 months old, it's rough. He had fragile stickers all Over it, he's honestly doing Rick a favour putting duct tape over his name. that boats one of the ones built at the old factory, the ones built at the new factory are much better. My xfs has seen 50+ Backflip attempts/fails and still no damage

For me, this has turned out as a success story. The FS/R 2 in surf is a fantastic boat and I'll never go back to a jet.
The colours may not be to everyones taste though :shock:

Full build thread here

P3220002.JPG

P3220003.JPG

P4050009.JPG

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
makes me want to hurl

Haha tell me about it! Thats a sad sight. I ride with a guy that has a FS2 and he says the bottom is real soft and damages easily... his looks nothing like that though. I dont think I could squeeze out a smile for the picture considering the cost of that ski

Top Bottom