Rickter Edge vs FR2 evo

Im thinking of buying A Rickter this year and the little bit ive read about the Edge sounds good. I have ridden a FS2 evo and liked it but, Id be crazy not to consider the Edge. Any body have any opions or comparisions of the two ?

I had a Fs2 ( prior to evo ) and road a Evo. I love both but the evo glides and slides a lot more on the wave faces. To my liking I want something that grips in turns. And I got a Edge from Tc that I'm building so I'll tell ya by wavedaze about all 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the guys I have talked to that are on the edge already it sounds like a no brainer. There's a few guys that ride east coast florida on them already maybe they will see this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really want to ride a 2015 rickter edge fr before I buy looks like everyone loves them just hate to get one and not like it. good first am hull what do you guys think?

Big Kahuna

Administrator
What type of riding do you do? I use to compete in flatwater freestyle, talking about old school. I am not a fan of the short backflip hulls. There are 2 hulls that are more back flip oriented that I am comfortable on and that is the T1 and the Havoc. I rode the Edge at havasu and immediately loved it. It handed great, ripped turns. Could pop out of the water. I know that for me I would be happy with it. My biggest thing is I do not like the really short poles that you have to run on the Back flip hulls.

I ride small surf in Daytona mostly and this would be my first aftermarket hull.
Ive ridden the evo a couple times and liked it, superfreak, circus -liked both , felt like i would prob like the evo, and I wanted to have an easy time transfering the guts from my superjet and from what ive heard so far im willing to take a chance on the edge (fingers crossed) lol

I haven't ridden an Edge yet. But I have 2 Evo's, one with tubbies on it, the difference between the 2 is huge, with the tubbies it slash' and turns way tighter, on a dime practically. Taylor said he was recommending tubbies on all the Evo's he was selling. I like both, but the tubbed one is my favorite always.

Last edited:
Top Bottom