Freestyle Rickter XFS bugs after tight turns and hit water

Guys, after swap my Dasa 1000 (12mm x 89mm all billet) from a SJ hull Im having some issues...

Setup: Dasa 1000, fpp b, msd tl (open box), novi 48, Magnum 148, oem waterbox, 2 bypasses (1 from front head and another from T between stinger and headpipe).

Problems:

- after hard tight turns it bugs like water intrusion or ignition failure.

- after hit the water with the back of the ski it bugs a lot... Looks like exhaust restriction.

- after a hard acceleration and trhottle release. It does.

I extended my exhaust hose to reach te alluminum tube but even doing that the oem hose is snugged between oem battery so theres a restriction.

Also, I know that the B pipe itself tends to inject water too close to the cylinders and sometimes the water can come from there and not from the carbs.

Any ideas to shorten the fix??

Thanks in advance.

Gera

Do you have any of those prefilter covers on your carbs? One guy on here just had similar problems and it was because he had the blowsion covers over his flame arrestors on his carbs

Do you have a coupler cover over the midshadt and couplers? Can you wrap turf over the air filters to rule out water going down them?

Do you have a coupler cover over the midshadt and couplers? Can you wrap turf over the air filters to rule out water going down them?

Twinturbo, i have the oem SJ coupler cover. I saw Lenzi's last skis with Polaris engines and it had a turf pad all way from carbs to exhaust to prevent water coming from bottom hull to splash entire motor/carbs.

I see you guys focusing about air/water ingestion but I think that exhaust restriction may cause some misfires like that. Dont you think so?

Thanks

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
How short is that hull? There's an issue with the shorter hulls where water from the pump escapes the turn nozzle and shoots up the exhaust tube during tight turns. It only does it when you turn in one direction though.

There's a thread or too on the subject that offer a couple different solutions.

I'm better with pics if you can post a few. The OEM battery thing drives me nuts but I don't see that as a problem.

Have be you done a comp and leak down test?

I'm better with pics if you can post a few. The OEM battery thing drives me nuts but I don't see that as a problem.

Have be you done a comp and leak down test?

Ya... Im planning to go PFP, new tank and different battery location and for this reason I did not change it yet.

Engine is fine. It only misfires when you fall upside down or with the back of the ski. It does not happen if you ride good.

How short is that hull? There's an issue with the shorter hulls where water from the pump escapes the turn nozzle and shoots up the exhaust tube during tight turns. It only does it when you turn in one direction though.

There's a thread or too on the subject that offer a couple different solutions.

It is a XFS... I know about that thread and it might be my problem. I have the newer Thrust Innovations trim system and it helps to minimize that problem.

Yami-Rider

TigerCraft FV-PRO
It is a XFS... I know about that thread and it might be my problem. I have the newer Thrust Innovations trim system and it helps to minimize that problem.

This is what i did to fix the turn left bog :

Peace of PVC pipe glued in with black 5200
100_0026.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom