Riders getting old?

44 and been ridding for 14 years. Strangely a couch is what got me into stand-ups. One day on the lake a guy saw me cutting up on my 97GSX doing 360’s, power slides, tailstands, donuts, figure8’s, partial subs, I was more in the water than out. He laughed and said if I like getting wet that much, I should get a “stand-up”. Bought my first SN in 2000 before ever learning how to ride one and been hooked ever since… have to agree with Atomic, it’s been a great hobby and stress reliever, riding solo or just getting together as a group to BS. So far no major injures, just normal wrist, knees and ankle sprains/pains, doesn’t look like I’ll stop riding anytime soon either…

41 Ex motorbike racer MX , SX , SM , RR so i have already broken everything there is to break

i haven't been riding long as only started when i retired from the racing bikes

we already have 4 stand ups and a couch looking at No. 5 at the moment :-}}

49 in a couple weeks......been learning to ride for 27 of those years! Physically feel as good now as I did when I started (maybe better!).

Not going to speak of injuries for fear of Murphies law ;)

This is a great sport, don't think I'll ever not want to ride!

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
The only injuries I've suffered as a direct consequence from riding have been a broken/dislocated finger and twisted ankle.

Jetaddict

9 years to retirement...
43. Been riding standups for only about 4 years now. Before I had nothing but Blasters and an old VXR. Got bored with the sit down game and decided to try my hand on the standup and LOVE IT. Learned on a buddy's old 550. I've got a few years left in me. Back hurts after a day out there, I can't do any really fancy tricks, but it keeps me feeling young!

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
WOW.. Never replied on this one yet.. haha

Well 32 in about a week.. been riding since about 17 on Polaris couches in the beginning and finally stand ups around 03.. Finally bought a reliable 13hr 04 SXR last week to get me further into the groove.. Riding is my life.. I have ridden mx and trails on bikes almost all my life and I don't know what I would do if I couldn't continue to ride.. Seeing the river everyday on my way to and from work makes me crave the water and my ski...

Tanner you ARE KOABFD!! If anyone will ride their whole life to 100yrs old I say it's you! Can't wait to see what you have coming this new season for us all to see!

Glad to see there are kid's coming up and great to know and ride with a lot of older than myself people, Like Crab & Crashski, Great guys and awesome riders.. I can only hope I can gain half their skills....

jeremy chambon

Need more power
ive been riding since i was 15 my mom would drive me to the lake lol. I am 19 now and since Ive started i have gotten 4 people under 20 hooked on riding. it only takes one vid of a guy doing a backy and they buy a ski lol.

im 30 rode 440's and 550's when parents bought them in 1985. rode them till around 92-93 put a million tanks threw them bougt a 91 550sx had it for a year or so, couldnt get anybody else to ride, sold it, been out of it till 3 years ago. i told my wife i wanted one on memorial weekend thursday(hour 1 of the 4 day camping trip at the lake) she said when we get home monday i could start searching for one. i found a 01 superjet with most of the expensive parts already on it and had it monday night when we got home. i did a rebuild this past winter and shes has fresh motor,paint,pump, pipe, reinforced hull and ready to ride. i have already had it out 10 time this year and heading for pismo friday. my wife also rides one also. iv offered to sell my superjet and my 08 yz450 because i have a little boy on the way and my wife said theres no way i would ever let you sell your toys."you need your time for yourself to".. dam got to love her.

46 here, been riding since 1992 on a 440 kwak back then, Got a fully loaded jet at the moment and waiting delivery of a SS865 - all things being good ive ABSOLUTELY no intention stopping riding in the forseeable future :)

mademan9

I ride a SuperFrk WannaBe
29. I started liking stand ups when I was a kid and saw a movie about some teenagers at a camp and they put on a freestyle show .. When I got older i finally had the money and bought my first square nose superjet 2 years ago. I have been addicted ever since

Last edited:

kawasakit2me

Hooked on the Jamz
I got on my first ski ever when I was 28. Like my buddy Bobby D says, "I was so much older then. I'm younger than that now."

37 now.

I'll be the dirty thirty this year, first child/daughter very soon to follow. I never understood why this guy in Houston was selling his RN and Blaster cause of having a child, I went out and bought a Blaster in celebration when I found out we were having a child! Haha

I rode in the surf for the first time on a '91 TS 650 when I got stationed at NAS Corpus Christi in '04 and soon realized I wanted to spend along time in Corpus, Navy be damned. I spent almost a year building a Jammer, yes a Jammer, and now I've moved up to a SquareNose!! :woot: RN's are ugly. I'm on my 2nd '93 SN.

You think stand up riders are old you should see a BMW bike rallye. Now those are some really old folks and some hard riders.

Top Bottom