Riding gear?

What kind of gear do you guys wear for spring and fall riding? Full wet suit or dry suit? Booties gloves etc?
Im new and just dont kno what i should get im itching to ride now haha

Full wet suit. 5 or 7 mm booties. Gloves help as well, they make jet ski gloves or even a pair of mechanics gloves work. As far as the wet suit, I wear a 3/2 mm and it's pushing limits. My buddy wears a 4/3 mm and he says it's awesome. We ride up here in alaska when there is still ice on the lake at times.

Full wet suit. 5 or 7 mm booties. Gloves help as well, they make jet ski gloves or even a pair of mechanics gloves work. As far as the wet suit, I wear a 3/2 mm and it's pushing limits. My buddy wears a 4/3 mm and he says it's awesome. We ride up here in alaska when there is still ice on the lake at times.
Oh damn yah thats deff alot colder then down here in ontario canada but the ice just melted i want to ride. This is prob a newb thing to say but i thot wet suits never kept you warm? Hmm.

And as far as boots go are they just normal surf boots or scuba boots or they make jetski ones as well?

AZRIDER

stupid desert
get a 4/3 wetsuit
and neoprene sox to put under your shoes
im a warm weather guy which makes me a total wimp in the cold with my wet suit and something to keep my feet warm I'm happy riding in 40 degree water--- until my feet go numb-- in that set up

When you guys say 4/3 or 2/3 is that what it will say on the wetsuit at the store? Or does that mean get a 4mm or a 5mm when you say 4/5
Azrider what boots do you wear? Scuba boota ankle high or tall ones?

a 4/5 would mean that the wet suit will be made out of 5mm thick neoprene covering the core of your body while the extremities will be made out of 4mm neoprene. It should say on the tag at the store you buy it from. If they don't know what thickness it is don't buy it from there.

as for socks, I use these in waters at 40 degrees or above http://www.ebay.com/itm/Phantom-Aqu...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3388685653

I bought the ankle high ones so that I can use them all year long. it helps to keep the sand from rubbing your feet raw if you get any in your shoes. The same brand has higher ones that would probably work best if you do a ton of cold water riding. My cold water season is barely more than two months after ice off though.

What do your boots look like? Im surprised u can fit the socks in ur boots aswell looks like theyd be too thick to squeeze in.
So when i see race jetski suits is that just normal wetsuit like wont keep you warm really? They say like 2mm neo

Oh i got what u mean now. When the water warms up do u still wear shoes and the wetsuit or just rock the board shorts and stuff. Own preference im assuming

Hypertech I think is the brand booties I wear when it's really cold. Reasonably priced. I prefer to wear shoes for stability and kicking in to the foot wells. I also just bought a pair of gnarkosi shoes and plan on rocking those during the summer with a pair of neopreme socks if need be. Usually the water temp reaches 60 plus and I'm fine with nothing. But with the water temp in the upper 30s and 40s I would suggest some thicker booties. And as far as wetsuits go, I have heard good things from xcel.

Oh i got what u mean now. When the water warms up do u still wear shoes and the wetsuit or just rock the board shorts and stuff. Own preference im assuming
When it warms up I lose the suit, but I still wear the shoes and socks. When I ride with bare feet I have the tendency for my front foot to slip and slam into the front of my tray when I jump. having shoes adds the traction I need. That's also why I went with some shoes that looked good. I wouldn't want to be sporting some ugly shoes on the beach in front of my lady ;)

Man im glad i asked all these questions since im a newbie and all. I honestly thot i needed a drysuit for cold riding. Wetsuit u usually need to get it soaked before putting it on.
And i wouldnt have thot of shoes cuz i thot maybe they would fall off when doing tricks or something.
I should prob test try some suits on so i kno my sizing then ordrr online.

Thanks for the info guys i appreciate it!!

When it warms up I lose the suit, but I still wear the shoes and socks. When I ride with bare feet I have the tendency for my front foot to slip and slam into the front of my tray when I jump. having shoes adds the traction I need. That's also why I went with some shoes that looked good. I wouldn't want to be sporting some ugly shoes on the beach in front of my lady ;)
You probably wear shorts over your wetsuit too. ;)

Lmfaooo that is true gotta look good when standing there lol

I prefer a 2 piece. Adjust acording to air and water temps. Otherwise your stuck in a full suit always. I mostly wear the bottom. Will throw the top on when its cold. Plus its easy to get on and off.

Top Bottom