Riding gear?

Man im glad i asked all these questions since im a newbie and all. I honestly thot i needed a drysuit for cold riding. Wetsuit u usually need to get it soaked before putting it on.
And i wouldnt have thot of shoes cuz i thot maybe they would fall off when doing tricks or something.
I should prob test try some suits on so i kno my sizing then ordrr online.

Thanks for the info guys i appreciate it!!
I bought a 4/3 suit and rode the day of ice off. There were actually ice bergs on the lake still. I was fine, but stayed close to shore in case of engine issues. It wouldn't keep you warm if you were submerged in the water for very long. If you plan on being far from shore (more than 3 minute swim) then get a 5/4. I put my suit on dry and just piss in it when I get in the water. The shoes are lace up so you can tie them as tight as you want. the tigheter the better when it comes to warmth. If they are too loose you get water in the neoprene socks too fast and they don't work like they should.

Hypertech I think is the brand booties I wear when it's really cold. Reasonably priced. I prefer to wear shoes for stability and kicking in to the foot wells. I also just bought a pair of gnarkosi shoes and plan on rocking those during the summer with a pair of neopreme socks if need be. Usually the water temp reaches 60 plus and I'm fine with nothing. But with the water temp in the upper 30s and 40s I would suggest some thicker booties. And as far as wetsuits go, I have heard good things from xcel.
Hyperflex booties u mean?

Yah im a motocrosser i would never wear that be too heavy and soak in too much water. Il look into kayak helmets. Thanks

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Check out Seshday And use 30NOW for 30% off, I think it expires tomorrow though. They have a bunch of good deals on last years models of wetsuits, helmets, life jackets, etc etc

I always ride with my Giro carbon full face helmet, it is nice, light and drains well. They are a little pricey but I managed to find mine for around $160 dollars, but totally worth it feels like you have nothing on. Wet suits will keep you plenty warm in most colder water. I am 5'8 135 and get cold easy and my 4 mm/3 mm suit works great in water around the 40 degree mark. If you don't like the scuba diving booties, they do sell a thinner neoprene style sock, not sure how durable they would be in shoes though. Another tip, if you are new to riding and plan on crashing a lot, put some Vaseline on your face or any other exposed areas it will keep the cold water off your bare skin. I have used that trick for my face while diving in cold water. I have tried thicker scuba gloves while riding didn't much care for them my hands seemed to slide around in them a lot, i now just use thicker mx gloves.

I always ride with my Giro carbon full face helmet, it is nice, light and drains well. They are a little pricey but I managed to find mine for around $160 dollars, but totally worth it feels like you have nothing on. Wet suits will keep you plenty warm in most colder water. I am 5'8 135 and get cold easy and my 4 mm/3 mm suit works great in water around the 40 degree mark. If you don't like the scuba diving booties, they do sell a thinner neoprene style sock, not sure how durable they would be in shoes though. Another tip, if you are new to riding and plan on crashing a lot, put some Vaseline on your face or any other exposed areas it will keep the cold water off your bare skin. I have used that trick for my face while diving in cold water. I have tried thicker scuba gloves while riding didn't much care for them my hands seemed to slide around in them a lot, i now just use thicker mx gloves.
Is that helmet meant for watersports? And yah im basically the same siZe as you and the ice just melted off my lake i want to try out the ski lol. Il prob buy booties for now then get the sock and water shoes later like the other guys mentioned. I have enough mx gloves to use but would suck when they are soaking wet well at leart woukdnt keep ur hands warm

Is that helmet meant for watersports? And yah im basically the same siZe as you and the ice just melted off my lake i want to try out the ski lol. Il prob buy booties for now then get the sock and water shoes later like the other guys mentioned. I have enough mx gloves to use but would suck when they are soaking wet well at leart woukdnt keep ur hands warm

My neoprene gloves are pretty thick I think (3 or 4 mm) but I am sure they have a little bit thinner ones that would work nice. The helmet is actually made for mountain biking so it is not as heavy as the MX ones and is made to be very breathable. Here is the link for the one I ended up getting, and I think I got a small, it is a little tight but I like the tighter fit. http://www.pricepoint.com/Brand/Gir...met-2013.axd?gclid=CNOn_tDHrr4CFcNj7AodjFwAkg Another nice add-on I forgot to mention is the scuba diving hoods, they are not too expensive and if it ends up being really windy it would be nice to have. My general rule of thumb is dress warm, and take it off if you don't need it. Good luck with the riding the lakes in BC are beautiful.

Top Bottom