Riding in Corpus

The Penguin

triple secret probation
hahahahaaaa - came in to nuke some dinner.

now I'm eating.

motor spins. I have spark. I have compression.

after I eat - I'm headed to get some fresh fuel - finish running the primer lines and fire it up.

RedBullJunky

my clocks stuck on 4:20
go steve-o
props dude
i shouldve never let you ride my ski :veryhappy: j.k.
i have never attempted a backy
still havent rolled
and you just started riding last year
i must be a big girl :nutkick:

Crackhead and crew are headed down to the coast this weekend (corpus) gonna try and sink his 08 this weekend, Got a digital camera that records video or snaps pics and a surfboard for the camera man or women (yeah the camera is waterproof up to 30 feet), waves look to be 5-6 foot on the face and stacked up, not so good for tricks but big enough to get retarded on, sunday looks to be clean though with some space between waves, ought to have some good footage of those that are willing to get crazy, not alot of memory but will have a laptop to empty the storage device every time it gets full so we can maximize the filmage. Hope all that are in daytona have better waves. Right now the count is 5 riders plus family going to corpus :) plus there might be a few austonens making an apperance!

smoofers

Rockin' the SQUARE!!!!
Site Supporter
I have been swimming in the surf at Port A since I was 2 years old. I have heard plenty of stories about seeing sharks, seen a few babies myself. Personally, I am more scared of stingrays than I am of sharks in Port A. I don't know if its a seasonal thing but I have been down there many different times and seen a crazy thing. When the waves are about to break they will go slightly transparent. I have seen upwards of 50 or so stingrays just kind of hovering in the swell before the wave breaks.... I don't go into the water on those days.

As far as good waves go, have any of you guys tried Packery Channel yet? I rode out there 2 years ago ~Dec 28 (2006) and experienced the biggest waves I have ever seen in Port Aransas... great day. I had a few launches where the bottom of my ski was at least 10ft above the trough of the wave.

As for LSF, don't know if my SJ will be operational yet, but if that's the case then I'll just bring the HX.

I think I have been there its kinda scary going from calm protected flat water channel to blasting throuh the big waves with rocks on either side to get out to the ocean (if we are talking about the same place, yeah the waves were big there that day. We fish in the channel and it leads directly to the ocean about 500 yards down. As for 10ft these waves are gonna lead to some big air this weekend if we can hang on or have the balls to press that throttle.

FxOne

FxI
i thought you meant jellyfish, didnt realize there were that many there. ive seen waves full of jellys but havent seen a stingray yet.

smoofers

Rockin' the SQUARE!!!!
Site Supporter
That reminds me, a good rule of thumb at the beach in Port A, or any gulf coastal waterway - whenever you are wading/walking in the water, always shuffle your feet. Its one of those things I don't even think about anymore, I just always do it. The theory is that a stingray will be scared off by your feet, and/or you are less likely to step on top of one. Stepping on top of them is what usually gets you stung, which is very painful from what I have heard. Sorry, not trying to scare you guys, just remember to shuffle your feet on the bottom whenever you are walking in the surf.

FxOne

FxI
this will make you forget all about the stingrays, caught in aransas bay a state record 9 foot bull shark

Attachments

• texas_record_bull_shark.jpg
    texas_record_bull_shark.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 22

steve0we

Wife,Kids,Toys...repreat
We had a great time this weekend. This is only a small sample of the riding we had. Chris (BBYamaha) popped his cherry on the backflip. That makes TWO San Antonio riders attempting them! Melmack was doing huge nose stabs, Eugene and Christopher worked the blasters hard, and everyone had a good time!

Eugene and I actually went for a ride on Sunday in just shorts. The weather was fantastic!
NOT-dDaytona-trip-2009.jpg

skinnyman

YOU CANT RENT MY SKI
looks like good surf and good times
I was kickin myself i didn't go but I got a pretty decent cold fri:buttkick:

Top Bottom