Riva Freeride drypipe in squarenose?

Somehow I thought it would fit but I'm sitting here with the pipe and I just can't seem to get it installed. I've been messing with it for a while now. Has anybody done this, and if so, can you give me a hint. If I put on the manifold, test fit only, but snug in place, the manifold end of the pipe just can't be made to hook back into the manifold. Seems like it would work if the pipe were a little shorter, or if the hood seal lip were a little further back but I don't think I'm going to be changing either of those dimensions. Any help would be greatly appreciated, otherwise I have a Riva Freeride/factory type 4 pipe for sale. Just bought it from Oxnard111 on PWCtoday and here. Really hoping there is a way though..

adam

Last edited:

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
I have the type 4 in my roundy, don't give up its awsome. The lip around the hood seal on mine is clearanced a bit, but I installed mine with the motor FWD and off the mounts. You know the Ebox must be removed out of the way? I will put up a pic in a moment.

Attachments

• 107_5296.jpg
    107_5296.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 107_5295.jpg
    107_5295.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 107_5296b.jpg
    107_5296b.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Crab, I know from PWCtoday that you are the expert on fitting pipes in difficult places. Very encouraging, I'd really rather run this pipe over a b-pipe anyday, the extra maintenance will be worth it. I thought about loosening the engine from it's mounts. I hate to cut into the lip but looks like I might just have to. I hadn't tried it without the e-box. Hopefully with the engine loose, the e-box moved and a little wiggle I can get it in place. Any more pictures would be helpful if you have any.

adam

Isn't this pipe supposed to fit in a roundnose? I don't understand why you had to modify to make it fit? I talked to factory today and they said it was never intended for a square. It's so close though, I just need like 2 cm to get it in place then it will fit into the coupler on the manifold and I should be clear...

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
I was told you have to move the ebox up and out of the way, then a little clearancing on the rim. I just happen to have the engine fwd anyway.

Looks like you're right on the money. Here's a picture of the situation. The threaded shaft that the e-box mounts on just hits a little bit on the back but I don't think it would be an issue once installed because the pipe slips forward and away, I'll probably just shave 3 or 4 rows of threads off, and it looks like I could just take a few millimeters off the rim and it should slip right on.

Now I just have to figure out how to jet the single 44mm sbn. Factory couldn't/wouldn't give me any direction because they had never tested this pipe on a single carb 61x. Surely I'm not to first to put a drypipe on a relatively stock 61x with the 44mm sbn?

Attachments

• IMG_1850.jpg
    IMG_1850.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1854.jpg
    IMG_1854.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 44

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Looks like you're right on the money. Here's a picture of the situation. The threaded shaft that the e-box mounts on just hits a little bit on the back but I don't think it would be an issue once installed because the pipe slips forward and away, I'll probably just shave 3 or 4 rows of threads off, and it looks like I could just take a few millimeters off the rim and it should slip right on.

Now I just have to figure out how to jet the single 44mm sbn. Factory couldn't/wouldn't give me any direction because they had never tested this pipe on a single carb 61x. Surely I'm not to first to put a drypipe on a relatively stock 61x with the 44mm sbn?
For a Blaster with a single carb and Blaster drypipe, their jetting is Low 125, main 150, Low screw 1-5/8, High screw 1 turn, 95 gram spring with stock n/s, should be similar I would think. Be sure and dryfit the chamber for alignment over the lord mounts, make adjustments so all lines up properly, install oring and coupler. Extra set of hands is nice when pulling over the coupler. Go brap.

Last edited:
it will fit! i rocked that pipe for a few years!in my square
yes you need to move the elect box out to get it in there
also there is a sweet spot where it will just fall in but its a pita to get there!
i never used the head mounts just the mag cover mount
couplers went out about once a year same as my bud with the head mount
best of luck
jason

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing

why not remove that e box mount also? Those are easy to get off on a square.

theres really no need on the type 4 .just unbolt, it move it out ,put chamber in, then re bolt it
the type 9 needs to be mover to the right about 1 inch
all this was in a square

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
From your post on PWCToday:

yamanube said:
You will most likely have to cut/grind the area that holds the hood seal, I had to on my round nose and I think the square is even tighter in this area. You will probably also have to cut/modify your hood liner to clear it.

Stock the pipe is VERY hard to assemble in the ski, I really recommend doing the JSS mod to your manifold to make the install 100 times easier! http://www.jetskisolutions.com/instructions_pipe_coupler_kit.htm

I also recommend using a High Temp Copper sealant found at any auto parts store on the mating surfaces to get a really good, trouble free seal. Using a coupler from www.hightempsilicone.com and their T-Bolt style hose clamps. All of this together made my pipe work amazing the whole season without any of the infamous coupler problems everybody talks about. This pipe freakin rips when setup right. Make sure you use all of the Factory pipe lord mounts, and they are tight and in good condition and restrict the water going into your stinger.

If you have any questions on the pipe, install or setup send me a PM.

When I put it in my RN the first time I pulled the Ebox off, second time I didnt need to and it went in in half the time.

YAMA CAT

Catnip Junkie!
Attached are the instructions that came with my Riva Freeride Pipe that was installed in my square. The BOM lists #175, #177.5 or #180 Main Jets. At least it is a starting point.

Attachments

• 1_RIVA_PIPE_-RY1502D_Page_1.jpg
    1_RIVA_PIPE_-RY1502D_Page_1.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 119
  • 1_RIVA_PIPE_-RY1502D_Page_2.jpg
    1_RIVA_PIPE_-RY1502D_Page_2.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 115
  • 1_RIVA_PIPE_-RY1502D_Page_3.jpg
    1_RIVA_PIPE_-RY1502D_Page_3.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 115
  • 1_RIVA_PIPE_-RY1502D_Page_4.jpg
    1_RIVA_PIPE_-RY1502D_Page_4.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 114
Well I'm going to try to get it in place without having to grind any fiberglass, besides the hood mod which I will end up doing. On my way to pick up the jets right now. I'll probably go with the 177.5 to start with. I do have a R&D rec. head but other than that it's a stock engine. Really appreciate everybodys help. Hoping to ride this weekend, will report with results.

adam

How much should I restrict it? On my old 650sx I just ran a "tee" fitting and turned it so the water had to go 90 deg. just to get to the stinger, the path of least resistance was to the pisser. I'm not sure it that is the best solution. What do you think?

adam

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
How much should I restrict it? On my old 650sx I just ran a "tee" fitting and turned it so the water had to go 90 deg. just to get to the stinger, the path of least resistance was to the pisser. I'm not sure it that is the best solution. What do you think?

adam

Put a 180 main jet in the fitting on the pipe.

Top Bottom