RN handle pole spring??

Shifty

- SuperJet Thursday -
The Blowsion spring will work fine, the '09 is the same as the '08 and it works great on my ski. I did have one snap on me in the first month, Blowsion replaced it witout issue and have been running for some time now.

hobbs

ND
cheap fix

I did something simple for the wife's ski, laugh it up if you like but notched a small piece of oak, glazed it over with fiberglass resin backed it with a little rubber and slipped it between the spring and the pole. It took just under 2lbs off the weight of the pole at the handle. This little change also distributes the pressure of the spring much more evenly so it doesn't wear or break through like i've seen.

Shifty

- SuperJet Thursday -
I think this would only work on a Square Nose Superjet. The Round Noses have little pockets the spring ends fit in.

I did the trick you were mentioning with a Kawasaki 650sx. It made a huge defference in the pole weight, you couldn't even see it when in place.

I think this would only work on a Square Nose Superjet. The Round Noses have little pockets the spring ends fit in.

I did the trick you were mentioning with a Kawasaki 650sx. It made a huge defference in the pole weight, you couldn't even see it when in place.

i think you are correct. i have done something like this with my 750sxi

I just replaced my spring with a blowsion. Can you put the springs in backwards? I didnt think it was possible but it deff dont seem right. My pole is straight up and down now and I have to pull it down to be in a riding position. I took it apart before i went on vacation and couldnt rem what way it went back lol. Did I flip it? I put the longer end of the spring into the pole bracket on the hull and the shoter end into the pole...

Last edited:
My pole is straight up and down now and I have to pull it down to be in a riding position.

Perhaps your SJ had spotted a super sexy FX-1 or Kawi that it liked?

Usually, when you first put the spring in it will do this for the first month or so. Once it gets 'worked some,' the spring tension loosens up a bit and your pole will be less....erect.

Top Bottom