RN pole rivet size?

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
I used stainless rivets (forget the size) when I did my last one, I am about to do another and will likely use the same.

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
I would use 1/4", 3/16" rivets are a little loose in the holes of the lower aluminum piece. Probably better to drill it a little larger than to have some slop.

Reactions: CRJ

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
The rivets really aren't going to do much but hold it all together until your epoxy dries, if the epoxy fails no rivet or screw will hold it together for any extended amount of time.

CRJ

Hibernating
The rivets really aren't going to do much but hold it all together until your epoxy dries, if the epoxy fails no rivet or screw will hold it together for any extended amount of time.
rode all last year on nothing but rivets, so i know im on borrowed time. anyone know length to make it through all 3 layers?

I used 5200 and then wrapped pole and bracket with fiberglass and polyester resin after sanding areas per idea by Tom 21 and it held great. He did the same thing and then area is much stronger.

CRJ

Hibernating
I used 5200 and then wrapped pole and bracket with fiberglass and polyester resin after sanding areas per idea by Tom 21 and it held great. He did the same thing and then area is much stronger.
ive seen that done. I personally wont due to appearance, this ski is a freeride, so i wont be snapping even a stock rn pole.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
Nut and bolt it but don't through bolt

It's difficult to get your fingers in there especially when it's gooped up with epoxy, but it can be done.

Reactions: CRJ

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I used rivets with no glue and sheered the rivets pretty quick. I was only trying it out to see if I wanted to go shorter so it worked as planned. I used a product called marine tex after and its held up strong.

I think I may have used aluminum rivets actually. I don't think it matter what material the rivets are, as long as they are not steel. They aren't holding the pole together anyway as others have said. They did break without hurting the pole (before I glued it) so they probably were not stainless.

Top Bottom