Super Jet RN SJ only has quick flash of spark after you let of the starter button?

jetnut_118

Blackjack Performance
I have tried a coil, another enhancer, and regulator. I have also bypassed the start/stop block. The only thing I can think of is its the stator or the over heat sensor? Any ideas

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
Sounds like a start stop switch to me. could be a bad ground from stator as well. Just to eliminate some things I would run a ground from the ebox to the battery ground and try it again. It is possible that it is in the stator but I would check the OHMS on the wires from the stator up at the ebox before removing. If you get good readings while moving the wires from sator cover to the ebox and wires have no breaks then most likely your stator is ok.

I would also take the start stop switch apart and clean it and make sure it is assembled back correctly as well as the lanyard side is functioning correctly (not sticking in down position at all or making a slight connection even while in up position). 8 outa 10 times I have this issue it relates to the s/s switch. just sayin check it then double check it. Pull a friends sj up beside it and plug in their s/s switch and see what happens.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
This would be very easy to rule out by unplugging the stop switch. I bet that's not the problem.

jetnut_118

Blackjack Performance
Thank you everybody for the help and pointers it is greatly appreciated. Its nice to have a place where fellow riders can help with problems and give there two cents. It turned out that the stator was definately shot.

Thank You,
Matt

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
I have found also that having the 2 white wires crossed can give this same response.

X2

I tried to respond to this earlier but got called away from the computer. I swapped stators on one ski and the new one had a different end on the white wire so I ended up swapping the white wires to the msd by mistake. As soon as i saw spark when I let off the button, I clued in and swapped the white wires and it fired right up.

Not saying it's not one of the above mentioned problems but lets eliminate the easy things first.

swapmeet

Brotastic
X2

I tried to respond to this earlier but got called away from the computer. I swapped stators on one ski and the new one had a different end on the white wire so I ended up swapping the white wires to the msd by mistake. As soon as i saw spark when I let off the button, I clued in and swapped the white wires and it fired right up.

Not saying it's not one of the above mentioned problems but lets eliminate the easy things first.

Bumping up a old post vs starting a new one.

OCD mentions one of the plugs not being the right gender on the white wires of the enhancer, I have this issue, but I can't swap the wires because I'll have the same problem on the other side.

Both white wires have male plugs. The white wire on the SS switch has a female, but the white wire from the stator has a male. So either way I have a male / male issue.

Any thoughts?

I didn't read the thread but msd mentioned that the enhancer not having a good enough ground can do this iirc. Something to look into.

Bumping up a old post vs starting a new one.

OCD mentions one of the plugs not being the right gender on the white wires of the enhancer, I have this issue, but I can't swap the wires because I'll have the same problem on the other side.

Both white wires have male plugs. The white wire on the SS switch has a female, but the white wire from the stator has a male. So either way I have a male / male issue.

Any thoughts?

Make a male to female jumper, ebay has the Japanese style water proof male and females connectors, I think I saw them offered by blowsion & Jetmaniac prolly has them

swapmeet

Brotastic
I made one from the plugs that were on the stator that I though was bad.... Oops.

Anyhow, my enhancer is toast (I think), so off to hunt for a new one.

swapmeet

Brotastic
I swapped it but never pushed the button.

Just confirming that I wasn't crazy, and had it wired backwards.
I've pulled it out, hopefully a borrowed stock CDI fixes my problems tomorrow.

This is my wife's ski, just trying to get her on the water for the first time this year.

Dunno what you mean by HX3

Top Bottom