RN Superjet not cranking

hey guys im new to the forum and came here for help since my buddy told me about the site. anyway so i got an 06 rn superjet. i winterized it when last season was over and that was the last time the thing was running. i have since begun to get it ready. when i went to crank it the other day and it wouldnt crank, not even click or anything. shown in the pic below you can see it has an msd ignition in it and i wiggled the black connector and another white connector that comes out of the left side of the ebox when looking aft of the handpole and it started to crank over. I thought it was a loose connection so i took apart the two little connectors and the connections looked good on both. i also tried unhooking the clear one and cranking with the black connector connected and vice versa with the white but still nothing, not even a click. the next thing i did was open ebox to find some water in it and some corrosion. i cleaned it all up and i actually used a needle nose plyers with plastic grips to jump the solenoid on the two lugs and it cranked. thats about as far as i got though. I guess what i need help with is where exactly do i put the multimeter to find out if the solenoid is bad. i am not really electriaclly inclined. i looked at other threads to see if i could find some pictures of where people put the meter leads but i couldnt. also if anyone is located in the cape cod Massachusetts area and knows what to do i would drive the ski to them and pay some cash for their time to show me how the hell to electrically troubleshoot this thing to find the problem. thanks guysunnamed.jpg

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
You need a new starter relay. Send @JetManiac a pm.
m5WLeWJGIZRWDY7PQi77o2A.jpg

Hey guys. sorry on the way late update.... so i actually took my stock hand pole off and shortened it by 3" i through bolted it with 1/4 20 ss bolts and lock nuts. cant wait to ride it. anyway back to the electrical issue, i already had the ebox open so i went ahead and opened all the connections and blew compressed air in them to get any crap in them to blow out. then i put some dielectric grease in them and connected them back up. tried cranking it and nothing happened. touched the two lugs on the starter relay with rubber grip plyers and it cranked. i just ordered a new starter relay like @Quinc said so im just waiting on that to come in.

hey guys i figured it out. it was the red and brown wire connector that connects the ebox solenoid relay to the start stop switch. i tested the continuity from the solenoid to the start switch on the handle bar. after not getting a buzz from that on the multi meter i then opened the connector and saw that it was the connector was the problem cuz i tested the continuity from the once side of the connector to the start switch and it gave me a buzz as well as the other side of the connector to the ebox solenoid and it gave me a buzz. so i basicaly tested the whole wire for continuity which didnt give me anything and that means its the connector thats bad.

@Quinc I didn't have to hold down the start button because I took the start stop switch apart then used a couple adjustable wrenches to take apart start switch itself and saw the two tiny lugs that were underneith the a washer looking contact plate. I just took the lead from the multimeter and hit one of those little lugs on the start switch and it showed continuity from there to the little connector that was taken apart

Alright guys. so i have another electrical problem.. let me give you some back story... so there i was in plymouth massachusetts hitting some huge fishing boat wake..having the time of my life after i figured out the last problem with the help from you guys haha and i flushed the motor with a hose. so you know how sj's dont have a flush hook up llike the SXR's do..well i put a T fitting into the hose where it comes from the pump and and on that T i have a little hose with a fitting that lets me hook up a garden hose for quick flushing so i dont have to take that fitting off the head of the motor and flush it like the manual says. anyway i have a block off for that garden hose hook up fitting and i forgot to block it off the next time i went out. the pisser was pissing with good pressure when i went riding so i didnt realize i forgot to block off the garden hose fitting. so i was riding with the pisser putting out pressure like it usually does but it was also pissing out of my (not blocked off) garden hose hook up in the engine compartment. so the thing filled up with water and started to die. i thought it was the plugs flowling cuz i like to run about 11 oz of maxima oil per 5 gallons of premium. I have those blowsion mesh things over the flame arrestors so i believe my carbs are OK. managed to get it on the beach after limping it to the shore on one cylinder and pumped all the water out of it with the bilge pump. thats when i realized i didnt block off that T fitting. anyway so it started right up after i drained the water and put some electrical tape around the open garden hose connection so it wouldnt piss out of there anymore and then i ran it for another hour no problem. so theres the story. heres my new problem:

so couple days after i tried starting the ski when it was on the trailer and the ski wouldnt start. it cranks like a mofo but it only fired a couple times for like one second after i let go of the start button. I pulled the plugs out of the head and cranked them while grounded to the motor and i saw how they ONLY SPARK WHEN I LET GO OF THE START BUTTON. so far heres what i have tried:

-I have pulled the boots back, stripped some rubber to get fresh wires and cut them then re attached them but still the the same thing: only sparks when i let go of the start button
-I also unhooked the black and white connector to the start stop switch and still the same thing happens: only sparks when i let go of the start button
-I tried switching the br8es plugs from my working 800 sxr into the superjet but it does the same thing.
- I opened the ebox and there were only a couple of drops of water in it.
- I have used my fluke multimeter and put the continuity tester on and put one lead onto the negative battery terminal and then one lead onto my engine block and it reads continuity. i also put the ohm setting on and its jumps from 100 somthing to OL

just following up and finishing this story. So i ended up sending out my ebox, s/s switch, and stator over to jetski solutions in cumming, georiga. these guys did unbelievable work. i cannot believe how amazing my ebox was when i got it back. i strongly recommend jetski solutions for anyone with electrical problems. ski runs great now except for this little pinhole leak out the top of the superjet stock cylinder head where theres a rubber nipple looking thing on an opening. i just have to switch that out and it should be fine. MARKGORMLEY2015.jpg

Top Bottom