Surfriding Road trip from Alaska to ride some surf?

subhard

TITS OR GTFO
Hey guys, so I live in Anchorage AK and have been dying to ride some surf. There's no good places to do it here. I want to load up with a couple buddies and road trip it down with our skis to somewhere on the west coast. Sounds like grayland may be the best place. I am just curious about when would be the best time to do this and if there is anything I need to know before I go. Anyone wanna help me out?

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
Grayland is your closest choice. This time of year is usually big and a sloppy mess. Usually the best conditions are from May-late September.. I live 30 min from Grayland so if you plan it, be sure to post it. And Tanman lives in Ketchikan. He comes and starts his summer of riding here with us.

I also live 30 min. from grayland. PM me if you work it out and I'll come ride with you. I can also help you out with finding a good place to stay if you need any help.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Why not ride in Alaska coastal waters? I get that it's cold, but good equipment takes care of that. I understand it can be pretty decent surf, you have very little competition from surfers, and it's closer.

Top Bottom