Roadtrip advice, need your opinions....

Status
Not open for further replies.

wavegoddess

pimpin' aint ez...
On my road trip I am taking a detour to North Carolina to hang with BigFish and crew, and then up to cleveland, and then back home to Texas. Since I am driving this on my own, I am making a couple of stops for sure. I would like to get peoples opinions on the "good areas" to stop and get a hotel to catch a few Z's. I will be driving a avalanche with my Superjet in the bed, so I want to be in a good area.

I am either going to stop in Birmingham Alabama, or Atlanta for he first leg of the trip. Which are would be safer?

Then on the way home, I was thinking about stopping in Memphis, TN.

wavegoddess

pimpin' aint ez...
Bring a friend along for safety.....and so you don't fall asleep.

I don't have any friends crazy enough, and that can take that time off from work....trust me I tried to talk somebody into it. I am sure I will be ok, just don't want to stay in a bad part of town.

Jetaddict

9 years to retirement...
Avoid Atlanta. I'd stick with Alabama, and see if you can find a hotel that has security. Some hotels offer a security guard, and if you tip the guy a Jackson, I'm sure he'd be up for keeping an eye on your ski.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
I usually sleep at Motel 6. It is cheap and they are always clean... Just do a web search and find one in a small town... do you have a cover for your ski? If not, see if you can borrow one. I have a ratty one you can use on the way home that will make your ski look like a piece of sheit and nobody will want it!

wavegoddess

pimpin' aint ez...
I usually sleep at Motel 6. It is cheap and they are always clean... Just do a web search and find one in a small town... do you have a cover for your ski? If not, see if you can borrow one. I have a ratty one you can use on the way home that will make your ski look like a piece of sheit and nobody will want it!

I'm sure I can find a cover from someone. I am getting stoked about this roadtrip, I leave in two days! :bananalama:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom