Other ROC intake grate question

What pump is it set up for? I'm pretty sure you need to modify the Yamaha ones for the Yami pump.

Mine is an SXR rok and the sxr grate fit with a bit of sanding on the back where it meets the ride plate. The sanding was probably more due to the crappy casting of the Jet Dynamics grate than the build of the ROK.

PS did you get extended tubes for your RRP pole? I found the stock length tubes were a bit short after riding it.

SN760

For Those About To Rock
The ski is set up for a Yamaha pump. From looking at the pump inlet it looks like the Yamaha grate would be to short. Will check and see if a Yamaha will fit.
Think the tubes are stock length - (RRP came with the ski).
Thanks.

I asked sjrider in a PM this question, he said most guys don't run an intake grate. He said you can lengthen a SJ 1 1/2" but a better way is to use an SXR intake and add 1/2" to the rear. Nice ROK BTW

I've never had a grate in mine, just liked it riding loose. I do know that I've been told it's best to modify the sxr grate over the Yamaha, pm user Wrighteous, he's been through a couple different ones. I plan to get one on there eventually.
And those are definitely the long rickter length tubes. Nice hull Mark, you'll love it!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

SN760

For Those About To Rock
Thanks everyone for the info. Going to get an SXR grate and stretch it. Not real crazy about running no intake grate.

Been looking at the Cold Fusion battery hold down. Any thoughts on this? Looks like a good setup. Plan to use a small lite weight battery.

Quote " (Mark, you're up way to early) " I know, can't stop thinking about this ski. :veryhappy: Lots of work to do - getting everything switched over from my other ski plus getting everything set up the way I want it on this ski.
Spent most of the weekend wrapping up several other projects that I needed to finish before starting on the ski. Finally was able to spend a couple of hrs. on the important stuff (ski) tonight.

Sxr grate works best IMO cuz it needs lees modding. I ended up making a front mount adapter,loctite it on and grind smooth(more area in front of scoop) Ill try to get pic tonight.

Top Bottom