Freestyle Rock climbing

Anybody ever try wearing rock climbing shoes instead of wrestling shoes. I guess they are ultra sticky even when wet. They have a low profile super flexible even affordable.

Bobert540

Site Supporter
Have you ever wore rock climbing shoes for an extended period?

I climb recreationally and I can't wait to get my shoes off at the end of a session lol

They have great traction but have a very snug and unforgiving fit.

Have you ever wore rock climbing shoes for an extended period?

I climb recreationally and I can't wait to get my shoes off at the end of a session lol

They have great traction but have a very snug and unforgiving fit.

Good info rite there. And noi haven't ever worn climbing shoes

Hard bottom scuba shoes are hands down the best! Great traction keep your feet warm on cold rides and don't let sand in when your walking around the beach!

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
Forgot to mention I wear neoprene booties (3 mil) under the shoes. One huge advantage on any lace up shoe, is the support and tight fit. A couple guys that ride with us every now and then ride with basically neoprene shoes with hard soles and they move on their feet a bit, when riding aggressive. Just food for thought. The better the fit, the more connected and feel for the ski.

In the colder months I wear windsurfing boots, they are neoprene with a rubber sole, they are super warm, and have a ton of traction. Most of the rock climbing shoes I have worn have relatively stiff soles and are not super comfortable.

LOL I'm a climber (out on rock much much more than water) and I wouldn't even think of using climbing shoes on my ski. They are sticky but your feet will go freaking numb from hard landings since they aren't designed with any support for standing flat foot.

Been quite happy with wake skate shoes ,Globe Neo Lites, though.

Top Bottom