Surfriding Rockered hull help!!

First let me start by saying I know this is a blaster section but I'm hopeing maybe some of y'all can help. I have always loved the seadoo hx. I got away from them for a while an now on a Sxr. This past year of the Daytona free ride made me want to build a suf set up hx. I am looking for any tips for hull mods and trim setup tips for doin back flips and Barrol rolls. Any build tips would be great. I have a light weight hood on the build list and a 787 motor on the list as the power plant.

that would be cool to c a hx flip. i was gonna buy my buddys sea doo 3d (pos) lol awhile back and take to motor out and put it in a hx but never got around to it. that motor and that little ski should really scream, good luck

YAMAPRO

Billy Dearman
With the way the HX handles the water I would say your time would be better spent else where. You would just have to do way to many hull mods for it to be worth it. The HX hull is made to cut the water not ride on top of the chop. Great for racing, although a little boring compared to Blasters, just not much of a play ski. Keep in mind the HX was donkeys answer to the Blaster on the race coarse and this is where it is best suited.

I understand the hx was designed for racing and not so much surf riding. I just like the hx and have for many years. I got a hull for free and have most of the parts around to build a 787 for it so my build cost would be very low. Also with a free hull that is the best price for getting a hull to experiment with hull mods. I'm fairly new to fiberglass construction. I have built stereo boxes and hoods for cars but this will be my first jet ski hull mod build, but hey we all gotta start somewhere. That's why I'm doin a lot of research now before I do anything so once I start I can have a plan of attack for the build.

Hey free rider mate I love the hx would love to have a go flipping one used to have a SPx 785 rolls any time of the week tried 19 flips on her and sort of nosed 1 in ripped all engine mounts out hx looks cool don't know what up the front end but def would look cool rockered chopping a good seven inches off shoukd do the trick especially if you fidnt pay for it foam shape gkass snd reinforce its that easy as.(not)if I get to the states next year ill be def looking you up for a ride cheers and good luck

Thanks for the support jays and I will have it at next years daytona freeride. I'm goin to take 6 inches out of the nose and 5 off the rear. That will have me close to the stock blaster length. Keep an eye out for a build thread. I will be starting a thread for the build in the next few days. As far as its power plant I am goin to build a 787 motor for it with a couple performance parts. I'm researching now to see what works and what doesn't for my build. I'm also goin to be putting a trim kit on it to help with the flips and rolls

Top Bottom