rok hull with stock gp 800 and pipe+ fat guy + size small life jacket =

AlbanyMotorsports

Cru is Rad
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pgR8r8RmjKA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pgR8r8RmjKA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
I got blasted in another thread around the time of WF for saying this, but THIS is exactly what I wanted to see!!! A 'NORMAL' motor (ie less than 8500.00) and a pilot more than 120 lbs. and taller than 4'2" bust a backy on one of these new flip targeted hulls!!!
I AM IMPRESSED!!!

This is awesome. I'm so excited to see this too since I will be dropping my engine in one in a couple weeks.
I bought this hull for what everyone is saying, nice rec ski to tool around on in the river yet it wants to flip when you Hit it. I wish I could know more about this guys set up.
Until I build the bank account back up I will be running a 701 withhold the basic mods. Hopefully I can yank a BF out with set up.

AlbanyMotorsports

Cru is Rad
Ive only ridden a couple hulls that I truly disliked. I think there are a lot of great hulls on the market right now and I feel like most of them have the potential to do just about anything. I really enjoyed my WDK Envy hulls....I wasnt a fan of the REV and I like this ROK. Its a tough comparison to the Q8 because of the shear size difference....mainly in the length. The q8 is such a blast to ride. I think the ROK makes for a good "urban" hull. Its stable enough for decent surf/chop and clearly capable of flatwater fun. I spend most of my time hitting boat wakes on lake michigan and dabling with flatwater on ponds so this would be a nice hull for that.

I am of the belief that if you ride a hull long enough you will grow to love it. I am also of the belief that super light hulls are kind of a waste of money....part of why I liked riding this fiberglass rok and why I love my Q8'. I guess the weight difference of any glass hull to carbon really means nothing when the rider is 250lbs so maybe I dont know what I am talking about.

Either way I give this thing an A. I dont own one but would have no qualms about buying one. Still gonna rock the Q8 but happy to see another nice and functinal design out there.

awesome little review. super excited to get the crate that brian is sending over. hitting boat wakes and some flat water fun is just what we got around here. good stuff, thanks. i love how the nose piece matches your thong.

CD155MX

Squirrel!!!
I want a Rok sooo bad. I got a chance to ride it at the WF and instantly loved it!

If anyone is selling their's anytime in the future please let me know.

Last edited:
the ski was sold at WF.
It's the demo boat that was at havasu, the vid was taken at havasu. motor is stock with WDK billet manifold and new wet pipe.

Top Bottom