Custom/Hybrid Rok R (please stay on topic this is about the hull not ur experience/beef with Jeff)

CD155MX

Squirrel!!!
I got to ride one at Body Beach during the World Finals last year. It has a limited 701 in it with a horrible exhaust leak!! But, that being said I was able to at least feel out the hull. It was very capable for the lack of power that was in the hull. The whole time I was riding it I kept thinking to myself "God I wish I could have my LPW 760 in this!!!"

I know there is quite a bit of BS that comes with Jeff and I've seen it firsthand. That being said, if I came across a good deal on a used carbon hull I'd probably jump on it. I only have experience on ROK's, BOB's (gen 1,2, & 3), and a Trinity Matrix when it comes to AM hulls. I feel like there are soo many hulls out there now a days that anybody buying a hull needs to ride what they are buying before they spend any money.

560707_4114183285461_2095075794_n.jpg

Attachments

• 560707_4114183285461_2095075794_n.jpg
    560707_4114183285461_2095075794_n.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
That looks like Kenny's hull in the picture. I thought he had a WDK 1200 in that for the body beach demo.

CD155MX

Squirrel!!!
That looks like Kenny's hull in the picture. I thought he had a WDK 1200 in that for the body beach demo.

It wasn't Kenny's Hull. That Hull with the 1200 in it was on the beach. I didn't know Kenny at the time. I really wanted to ask if I could ride it, but seeing as it was a customer's personal ski I didn't.

One complaint I did have about the ski was that it would instantly go super nose high is you did something wrong. I think some of that was due to the horrible state of tune that the motor was in. I'd really love a chance to get on another one that runs good, even just a 701 that's dialed in, and see if it would be as good as I think it can be.

Personally I think there are probably better performing hulls out there, but the quality of these hulls and the price point of them is hard to ignore.

DarkWater

Down Side Up
Dang four months is quite the wait...that would put me in summer already!! The hulls quality sure looks good tho!

Actually it was rite on time! I told Jeff i wanted it by Christmas.
I love the hull, and the quality is amazing.

If your interested in a hull PM me. I might be able to make it happen.

Waterdawg Kustomz

RIP NATION
I got to ride one at Body Beach during the World Finals last year. It has a limited 701 in it with a horrible exhaust leak!! But, that being said I was able to at least feel out the hull. It was very capable for the lack of power that was in the hull. The whole time I was riding it I kept thinking to myself "God I wish I could have my LPW 760 in this!!!"

You are 100% correct about the exhaust leak. It sucked because it wasn't there until Havasu. The Factory Pipe chamber had a 3" crack where the coupler flange is. Oh well, problem was fixed when I got back to shop. Sorry for that. The crazy thing is people were still flipping bottom to bottom with it running that bad. It was more like 650 power...lol

Last edited:

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
Don't know if it applies..
I rode Sanoman's ROK when he visited a while ago. (pre-freak).
As an sj rider I find it hard to make any kind of judgement when it comes to AM hulls. Not because of the hulls, but because of the extreme power plants that they often contain.

Don's ROK had reasonable x-scream power and I rode it in surf.

It took some getting-used to, but I thought it was great. Could not make it pearl, turned on a dime, lots of room in the tray.

I felt that it would be a great surf boat. I know nothing of flat water.

Could not make it pearl? Holy crap, I cant keep mine from pearling in the surf. Noses in and keeps going in.

Sorry, nothing to add about the ROK-R as mine never showed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you dig yours Charlie.

TOBY

BNA
could not make it pearl? Holy crap, i cant keep mine from pearling in the surf. Noses in and keeps going in.

Sorry, nothing to add about the rok-r as mine never showed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you dig yours charlie.

your just seeing this glass as half full, look at darkwaters its pimp you can come on here and look at it anytime and not have to work on it.

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
Hard to see half full through my empty glass bro.

Sorry Charlie, off topic a hair LOL.
Bring that ROK-R back over and lets through the 950 w/ the 148mm and pfp in it and see how HIGH we can make her go.Aint doin no good in your living room floor.

DarkWater

Down Side Up
I dont know, it really ties the room together man

I'm on my way to the shop right now to begin installing a front a foothold and prep her for paint.

Re:

Lol I heard that, gonna start the build right after Daytona I reckon if I can stay off the slopes long enough

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I went to jeffs shop and rode the rokr and the rok. the rokr was having carb issues so it was very underpowered. Being 225lbs it was hard to get back up on it out in the water but i did have fun riding it. I wouldve like to ride it with the longer ride plate tho for sure. i think that would help out a lot. The fit and finish was very nice though, much nicer then the superfreaks are thats for sure.

Top Bottom