Roundnose hood info

If I want my roundnose sj to let less water get in when I am doing subs or fountain, I block the front holes and grind the back ones bigger? The things I want to know is if it really work and who bigger do I need to grind to make sure my engine can breathe easily?

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing
just open them up a little more... unless you are doing crazy long open throttle runs, I believe you won't even feel the difference if you just block off the front and not enlarge the back. For surf riding this is totally acceptable, but on the flat with more opportunity to WOT just blocking the front without enlarging the back may inhibit your power.

vjhardcore

Ride It Like Ya Stole IT!
I see I see ... everyone thinking the same?

Theres lots of posts on this topic. I haven't done mine yet - But I did order the Capco Plugs. Once my skis outa storage - I'll take alook. Probably block front and open back - may try and find some sort of 'vent' plug that I can cut rears to match - I like a clean look..Ski brand new and don't want to have it all chopped up?

Problem with the vents on the back. (theres a pic or two of what I'm talking about on here) Is that you can't put your fingers in if your doing hood tricks?

Let us know what you do.:scratchchin:

Mike Serlin

NOW SPORTING A BIONIC LEG
Chances are you wont even have to touch the rear holes. I have a ported cylyinder, a bpipe, higher compression and a single 44 carb and didnt notice any difference after blocking off the front intake holes.

stanton

High on jetskis.
i disagree with mike, i have the same setup but dual 28s and i HAD to open the rear holes. maybe my motor was running richer so the lack of air was felt faster.

Last edited:

vjhardcore

Ride It Like Ya Stole IT!
Ok so for sure I'll close up the front holes. At least I will grind a half of a inch on each back holes... any tricks to save the fresh paint from chipping when grinding for a clean job?

Ya I's like to know aswell - My 07 is mint - oh ya it'll get scuffed/trashed - but all in good time..For now how do we open the rear holes up without wrecking the rear holes/paint?

I saw a link /pic of someone who used vents in the rear of the hood?

Top Bottom