RRP Pole Question

When installing the RRP Poles do people tend to run it with a spring? And, can you run it without a spring as well and will it stand up in its own (for easy access to the engine)?

Thanks

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
This exact topic has been covered many times but I'm not sure what "keyword" to advise you to search for...the best thread started as another topic and rolled into it.

To sum it up, yes you can run with or without a spring, it's personal prefference. If you run without a spring and want to lock it down with the stock bolt you need a spacer bushing so you don't overtighten and collapse the pole mount. Double bolt method is best if you don't run a spring and has better clearance for the twin tubes.

I run a spring on both mine and had to custom bend the stock spring to get the pole weight neutral. It was a PITA but it was worth it in the end.

Here's a couple that some good details.
http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/39990&highlight=rrp+spacer

http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/19311&highlight=rrp+spacer

Last edited:
Personally I would stay away from the RRP and look for something different. But if you already have one heres a few things i learned from my install.

You can run a spring..I used my stock one but I had to modify it to clear the hood. Its a pain in the ass and you might poke a hole in the breather tube trying to get it all together.

Also be gentle when tighting up any hardware especially the allen head bolts. They tend to want to strip out very easily.

I think I am going take out my spring and long bolt and go to a double bolt setup. I plan to run the bolts pretty tight because I'm tired of the pole smacking me on the back of the head because it won't stay up

I run the long bolt tight, I just crank on it till it feels right. And I use red locktite so it doesnt back off. Its actually not recommended to do it that way, you are supposed to use a spacer, but i dont

RiverRat

I run the long bolt tight, I just crank on it till it feels right. And I use red locktite so it doesnt back off. Its actually not recommended to do it that way, you are supposed to use a spacer, but i dont

That is because cast aluminum has a tendency to crack under that sort of stress. The new billet RRP's won't have that issue.

Top Bottom