Other RRP Pole vs ATP Pole Pics

gc4

I'd be lost without the x
For all that money you're paying for any of them they need to be adjustable..

I know it's preference but I'm suprised how many folks like the RRP & the likes with those ridiculous head angle.

Stock reinforced pole with the top cut down first to reduce the angle is all "most folks" need. Unless those folks need bling for their trailer queens.

What people need and what people want are often two different things. I probably don't need more than a 650 but I much prefer my 701 piped. If getting an A/M pole for aesthetics will make someone enjoy their riding time more, whats the problem? Most of us dont ride ski's because we need to, we do it because we want to.

gc4

george if you want to take a trip up to barrie you can see an all silver and an red end/black tube in person

or come along to the sarnia ride on 25/26th august and they will be there also

I'd love to see some in person, they look like works of art. I think if I was going to pick one up it would be either black tubes and silver ends or silver tubes and black ends.

I can't make it out for the August ride (GF's brithday so I gotta keep her happy), but I will probably be out that way in September. I'll let you know. Thanks for the invite.

chriselmore_1

high on resin
All the poles mentioned are adjustable. Most of us don't get en to just"have bling on our trailer queens" some of is need the adjustability and something stronger then stock. In my case. I needed a pole longer then stock for my rok hull due to the forward pole mount.
For all that money you're paying for any of them they need to be adjustable..I know it's preference but I'm suprised how many folks like the RRP & the likes with those ridiculous head angle. Stock reinforced pole with the top cut down first to reduce the angle is all "most folks" need. Unless those folks need bling for their trailer queens.

Last edited:
What people need and what people want are often two different things. I probably don't need more than a 650 but I much prefer my 701 piped. If getting an A/M pole for aesthetics will make someone enjoy their riding time more, whats the problem? Most of us dont ride ski's because we need to, we do it because we want to.

All the poles mentioned are adjustable. Most of us don't get en to just"have bling on our trailer queens" some of is need the adjustability and something stronger then stock. In my case. I needed a pole longer then stock for my rok hull due to the forward pole mount.

I'm referring to the discussion on the steering plate rake/angle being adjustable... it just seems funny to me that folks will do countless mods to a ski to make it custom, bars, steering, etc. and ignore steering angle and lock themselves in with an hella expensive pole. Angle & length are one of the hugest components to a riders stance & control. But hey, laugh at the first guy to go riser bars then follow suit when it's realized there's a reason. Maybe they manu's will realize this and step it up.

And you two might not be "most folks", so don't act so butthurt. :jester: As for needing and wanting, you don't need anything is correct. But it'd be wiser to have a strong 701 vs a weak 650 with a shiny pole.... but it's your money. I'll go with my preference of its what on the inside that counts.

chriselmore_1

high on resin
I really don't see much to gain from an adjustable head rake angle accept to match different hood angles better. But most of us use a shock pad so the angle would not even be notable. On a performance standpoint your arms are going to hold the bars/pole at whatever position its comfortable. So whatever the pole head rake angle is the actual bars are going to be in the same place. All the poles mentioned are all great products. Btw

Photo on 11-12-31 at 3.09 PM #2.jpg

Well george you know my vote... RRP poles are amazing! the price is up there but so worth it! not sure about the ATP but i love the options from blowsion and the kit is really helpful and cheaper in the end

I went with an RRP pole because I wasn't sure how short to cut my stock one. I liked that fact that I could change it if I needed to and to me it's ascetically pleasing. If you can afford it and are at the point of purchasing a pole, why not buy an ATP, RRP, or whatever adjustable pole.

I agree, buying an RRP pole and throwing on a 650 wouldn't be the first thing i'd do, when when your ready for one, your ready for one.

I looked into the ATP poles, I liked how they had a variety of different color options available from the factory. One turn off with the ATP is that their decals/badge are all over the pole. I think they went a little overboard with those and wasn't sure if they were removable or not. Takes away that clean look. In not a big put a sticker on everything I own thing either.

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
View attachment 191405

Well george you know my vote... RRP poles are amazing! the price is up there but so worth it! not sure about the ATP but i love the options from blowsion and the kit is really helpful and cheaper in the end

would have to question the cheaper from blowsion comment, have shipped many things from blowsion and the shipping/UPS rape fees take the prices up, on average the price you see on the blowsion website, when shipped to Canada will give a landed cost of between 30-40% higher

plus your comparing a cast pole with a billet

i believe a RRP cast pole has a retail price $799 USD, if you want coloured tubes +$100 coloured ends +$100

billet is $975 USD

+shipping, brokerage fees and taxes to Canada, i think BadVinny whos a canadian RRP would have them at a similar price so shipping can be reduceD and the brokerage not applicable

As a hot products dealer i also have access to the products but when we have compared the landed cost its been a lower price option to go with the billet ATP over the cast RRP, when you compare actual out of pocket costs

Canadian-freestyle sells the billet pole for $887 CAD with your choice of silver or black tubes and coloured ends optional at $82, plus tax and any local shipping

i believe the chin pads and steering systems on the ATP are lower in price compared to RRP also

obviously people offer discount etc and undercut so i cant comment to that, nor can i comment to people shipping to the US and bringing the parts across the border without declaring them, but then that also costs time and gas

but again its personal choice, for me the cost was not a consideration, i think George summed it up, its about what someone "Wants"

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
Gotta say I love the ATP pole (all of their products for that matter) and if I ever go AM Steve uk will get my order! Rather have an English product than Asian anyways.

lol thanks man...

both products are quality products to be fair, each is designed slightly different, so its nice it gives the market options, so we are not all coookie cutter and can have some individuality

gc4

I'm referring to the discussion on the steering plate rake/angle being adjustable... it just seems funny to me that folks will do countless mods to a ski to make it custom, bars, steering, etc. and ignore steering angle and lock themselves in with an hella expensive pole. Angle & length are one of the hugest components to a riders stance & control. But hey, laugh at the first guy to go riser bars then follow suit when it's realized there's a reason. Maybe they manu's will realize this and step it up.

And you two might not be "most folks", so don't act so butthurt. :jester: As for needing and wanting, you don't need anything is correct. But it'd be wiser to have a strong 701 vs a weak 650 with a shiny pole.... but it's your money. I'll go with my preference of its what on the inside that counts.

I completely agree that I would rather a strong 701 and a plane jane poll vs a 650 and a nice shiny pole. I'd rather foot holds over a pipe. Just saying I don't need any of it. I want it. Unless this is your lively hood, none of us need it.

Also, I'm an advocate of doing your research before investing your money (as are most people on here I would imagine) thats why I started this thread.

But I'm sure we are saying the same thing: handling over looks if you're a serious rider.

Last edited:

QJS

X-
They are just stickers on the tubes, they come off no problem the tubes are anodised. Funny we had small stickers on the tubes, it was my idea to use bigger ones I thought they looked better. Maybe I should just put the stickers in the box separate then people have the choice?
Chris.

I went with an RRP pole because I wasn't sure how short to cut my stock one. I liked that fact that I could change it if I needed to and to me it's ascetically pleasing. If you can afford it and are at the point of purchasing a pole, why not buy an ATP, RRP, or whatever adjustable pole.

I agree, buying an RRP pole and throwing on a 650 wouldn't be the first thing i'd do, when when your ready for one, your ready for one.

I looked into the ATP poles, I liked how they had a variety of different color options available from the factory. One turn off with the ATP is that their decals/badge are all over the pole. I think they went a little overboard with those and wasn't sure if they were removable or not. Takes away that clean look. In not a big put a sticker on everything I own thing either.

They are just stickers on the tubes, they come off no problem the tubes are anodised. Funny we had small stickers on the tubes, it was my idea to use bigger ones I thought they looked better. Maybe I should just put the stickers in the box separate then people have the choice?
Chris.

Glad to know they are removable. Thats just my personal preference, not sure which side the majority is on. The purchase of the RRP was mostly because I found a good deal on it. The stickers/decals were not the deal breaker.

Top Bottom