Custom/Hybrid Rrp poles spring install

I got a billet rrp pole on my rickter an a blowsion pole spring and I can't get the spring on right no matter what I do I need some help an pics here thanks

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
You might try calling Blowsion. I know they install those combos all the time and they are pretty helpful.

Yeah I no I have everything on the pole but cables pole pad turn plate an bars are on it. It throws the pole forward pretty quick it would be a work out holding it down I found some pictures of how to mount it with the rrp bracket I have the spring going the right way ill try heating an bending it

tomski

X
As stated, an oem spring with the RRP Yamaha pole spring stiffener is the easiest install. The Blowsion spring requires bending.

Can you run a spring on a dual breather bracket? Doesn't look like theres much room for one.

Yes, there are 2 holes in the bracket (in between the two breather holes) in which the RRP Spring tensioner attaches. The pole spring rests on this and then insets into one of the two RRP holes in the bottom on the RRP pole. Depending on how old the pole is, there maybe only one hole and another one needs to be drilled.

SN760

For Those About To Rock
If you use the stock Yamaha spring and the RRP spring stiffener everything just about falls together. Tried installing the Blowsion spring on my first RRP Handle pole several years ago - what a pain in the ass.
Note - remove the handle pole from the bracket and the handle pole bracket from the ski - reassemble on your bench with stock spring and reinstall on ski. Just did mine on my new hull and the whole process took about 30 min.

Top Bottom