Rules this year & any changes next year 4 freestyle pro???

Hi guys,

what was the rules this year as far as cc limit & hull desighn goes?

maybe next year any hull goes and 1200cc limit? what do you think...:shrug:

my o2.

im comparing freestyle with bmx/fmx/wakeboarding etc when we reach our hull+motor limit then we will start to see some insane innovation and creativity not to take any thing away from talented guys currently.

Midlake Crisis

Site Supporter
It would be cool to have another class limited to more conventional power. The big power tricks are awesome, but there is a huge range of technical riding and innovation that is waiting out there for the next Rick Roy to come along and amaze us again. A more limited power class is probably the only way to motivate somebody to do that.

Last edited:
Its not so much the classes, its the structure of Freestyle period....to include judging. IMO (and quite a few others I've spoken with about this) there should be much more structure to the routines and not just a free-for-all, a required trick list if you will. Don't get me wrong, I believe there should be time for a free-for-all....maybe two seperate routines, or more than two minutes.

I had a brief conversation with my regional promoter about this and plan on formulating more of a drop-in plan to present to him, for him to present at the meeting.

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
As much as I'd like to see some changes to the rules, they need to keep them the same for awhile. Let the competitors and builders know that they can expect it to be the same for x number of years. That way they can bring out the best equipment they can under those rules, without having to worry about completely change their designs every year.

As much as I'd like to see some changes to the rules, they need to keep them the same for awhile. Let the competitors and builders know that they can expect it to be the same for x number of years. That way they can bring out the best equipment they can under those rules, without having to worry about completely change their designs every year.

Agreed! It would be nice to see APBA and IJSBA get on the same page too.....

run what ya brung = pro with loose judging ( 100 bf's if you want ). and something like oem based hulls ( within a limit ) and under 850cc for amature with more strict judging ( no trick twice ) . i think that would keep the new separated from the old, with a little bit in-between.

Waternut

Customizing addict
One problem with limiting competition is that builders of both hull and engine will build to the regulations so people can compete on their equipment. Meanwhile those of us with limited budgets that don't give a flying feces about competing (except with each other) are bound by the rules designed to keep those with deep pockets in the same ballpark.

Take highrollers new stunt hull...that wouldn't be allowed in competition but it would allow someone with a limited budget and a well built 701 or 760 to backflip without getting a carbon fiber hull with 900+cc engines and spending over $10k.

Top Bottom