Running Rich...

SUPERTUNE

Race Gas Rules
You could have bad needle valves in the carbs or other issues with them, causing them to run rich or be flooding the engine with excessive premixed fuel.

my ski drips black goo onto the trailer when i run it too...but my dirtbike has black goo leaking from the exhaust coupler and tailpipe both mixed 40:1 i just figured it was normal. both still rip and i see no other problems

ger87410

How did I get here?
Our 1992 XP always blows out black nasty looking water from the exhaust. I figured that was cuz it only got ridden twice a year and the gas would evaporate leaving the oil behind resulting in too much oil. Better too much then not enough.

thats weird to me, putting a pipe on it should make it run more lean right? thats always been my results on the smoker bikes.

i was thinking about the gas aswell, since you weren't real sure off the bat about your ratio, makes me think your gas is from august too, might not get a proper burn and leave more residue if its stale gas.

What does it mean when the exhaust is spitting out very rich/dark water? Is it running to rich and I should use a lesser oil mixture? Because I 100% positive my oil to gas ratio is correct so I don't want to use less oil and hurt the engine ya know? Would using a little less oil hurt anything? Is that what the problem is?
:dunno:

Any thoughts?

You have no problem, it is doing exactly what its designed to do.

Top Bottom