Rv antifreeze

When using rv antifreeze, do I need to look for anything special, or will just standard rv pink antifreeze work for winterization? I would just pump it through the flush port till it came out the exhaust and pisser. Just want to make sure I use the correct stuff.
1987 550. Kawasaki x2. Yamaha wave runner. Krash footrocket.

Attachments

• 385C83EC-0F73-4202-9B66-C05E4C6BF249.png
    385C83EC-0F73-4202-9B66-C05E4C6BF249.png
    216.5 KB · Views: 12

Fro Diesel

creative control
Ok, is the antifreeze really needed? Some people say to just rev the ski
All I ever did was brap the skis a few times on the way back from flushing them at lake dias after Daytona then drive to Michigan and store all winter. That sounds like a mess. Don't put that crap in your skis and expect to store them in my shop.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yami-Rider

TigerCraft FV-PRO
Ok, is the antifreeze really needed? Some people say to just rev the ski

Depends how cold you get and if any of your cooling system in blocked/not draining properly. Ive seen customers block crack on waverunners, and we don't get crazy cold around here/usually, I pump all customers skis full of rv antifreeze to be safe.

Fro Diesel

creative control
Depends how cold you get and if any of your cooling system in blocked/not draining properly. Ive seen customers block crack on waverunners, and we don't get crazy cold around here/usually, I pump all customers skis full of rv antifreeze to be safe.
Good point. I live in this world where I like to forget those things (couches) even exist.

bird

walking on water
Site Supporter
All I ever did was brap the skis a few times on the way back from flushing them at lake dias after Daytona then drive to Michigan and store all winter. That sounds like a mess. Don't put that crap in your skis and expect to store them in my shop.

cool story bro....you must go outside a lot. Did you find the secret lagoon at Lake Dias? It's fun ripping in the trees.

When using rv antifreeze, do I need to look for anything special, or will just standard rv pink antifreeze work for winterization? I would just pump it through the flush port till it came out the exhaust and pisser. Just want to make sure I use the correct stuff.
1987 550. Kawasaki x2. Yamaha wave runner. Krash footrocket.

I have a funnel with a hose attached. The funnel has an ON/OFF valve at the bottom. I attach the hose to the SXR flush connection. With the handlepole straight up, use rope or a bungee cord to hold the funnel. Fill the funnel(about a quart). Start the engine, open the funnel, let drain, shut engine off. I do this twice until I see pink coming out of the pisser and dribbling over the ride plate.

You should brapp(full rev) the motor out prior to using RV. This way you get WATER out of the exhaust/water box. You don't want to brap the RV out of your ski. You want it to stay and keep things from freezing.

I've rode cold weather for years in November, December, and yes even Jan/Feb(in Wisconsin) Pink RV fluid is a must if want your ski to PISS on the next run.

You could blow out the cooling system with compressed air, but carrying a funnel and a gallon of PINK is easier. I don't have a compressor in my Burb. Pink RV is cheap insurance, it's also non toxic(NOT MY SHOP FLOOR!).

Top Bottom