Surfriding Ryan's Matrix Surf Build

RyanITV

Living on the lake!
Another tip for the stuff the multi-tool leaves behind... use one of those rubber 3m pinstripe/decal removal tools. It gets rid of any adhesive or turf left over without hurting the paint.

No, the mat got shredded when I pulled it - saw the template in the full - thanks!

Ryan

Is that a Raptor? How do you like it?

That's funny I was just about to get this bad boy my self however, they were leasing some where in the $850/month range for a $38,000 truck which was ridiculous! So I ended up getting a $45K FX4 for $550 a month (go figure) instead!

Apparently they do not lease very well! But THEY ARE BAD ASS and WIDE as $HIT!

RyanITV

Living on the lake!
That's funny I was just about to get this bad boy my self however, they were leasing some where in the $850/month range for a $38,000 truck which was ridiculous! So I ended up getting a $45K FX4 for $550 a month (go figure) instead!

Yeah - the leases were horrid. I just bought it, they had a special for 36 months at something like 0.9% interest. Almost free money at that point...

Ryan

RyanITV

Living on the lake!
You are dismembering a fine specimen. I hope it looks as good when you are done as it did when you started.

It should - I'm using my other one as a template and reference (paint scheme, custom anodizing, electronics). The paint on this one was very well done - just not what I'm envisioning for the build.

Ryan

I was checking them out but I don't think it's got enough power to keep me happy. I may pick up another lightning sometime in the near future if I decide to move my Vette. I love the Vette, it's just not practical and won't pull skis.

Lucaumpits

RIDE LIKE U'VE STOLE IT!!
i saw your engine today, gfetting ready for shipping,

that set up is nice and clean. bling bling:bananajump:
Could.... not... resist... I think I'm getting Chase's new, unused SS846 engine off him for the build. Not sure on running the MSD TL, but I can always move that to Amanda's flatwater ski and use the EPIC I got for her in mine.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Lookin good Ryan, you're gonna love that engine in the surf. I'll have to try harder to make it to Wavedaze and check it out.

Your Harness is finished and will ship out first thing Monday morning.

I was checking them out but I don't think it's got enough power to keep me happy. I may pick up another lightning sometime in the near future if I decide to move my Vette. I love the Vette, it's just not practical and won't pull skis.

sorry for off-topic ness, I dont see why they dont make the lightning in a 5\6 speed. Sure its a truck and an auto is better for towing, but who really tows a lot with a lightning? think of how much more fun they would be with a manual! same goes for the raptor. The ram srt-10 comes in a 6 speed. Follow suit!

RyanITV

Living on the lake!
Paint got wrapped today, should come home tomorrow and I'll start assembly. The hull will get wetsanded and buffed once it's together - easier than trying to hold the hood by hand.

hull.jpghood.jpg

Top Bottom